The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Ambystoma jeffersonianum +Plethodon cinereus

This is a discussion on Ambystoma jeffersonianum +Plethodon cinereus within the Field Herping Accounts forums, part of the Fieldwork / Fieldherping category; So I was digging up worms in the yard during a little rain today and i ran into the first ...

Field Herping Accounts Share your field herpetology experiences with accounts/articles, photos, and advice.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ndbug
  • 1 Post By Cloppy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 5
Rep: ndbug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ambystoma jeffersonianum +Plethodon cinereus

So I was digging up worms in the yard during a little rain today and i ran into the first salamanders of the season for me! I took some pics, so far this season have found some jeffersons and some red backed. Literally every rock i lifted had two of these guys under it!
Attached Thumbnails
Ambystoma jeffersonianum +Plethodon cinereus-another-jefferson.jpg   Ambystoma jeffersonianum +Plethodon cinereus-jefferson.jpg   Ambystoma jeffersonianum +Plethodon cinereus-01.jpg   Ambystoma jeffersonianum +Plethodon cinereus-1.jpg  

ndbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017   #2 (permalink)
Lungless Salamander Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Cloppy has started on the right path
Default Re: Ambystoma jeffersonianum +Plethodon cinereus

Yeah I find almost nothing under rocks at this one creek, and then 5 miles away I can go to this other creek and there is a salamander under every rock.

LinkBack