The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

A herpless area

This is a discussion on A herpless area within the Field Herping Accounts forums, part of the Fieldwork / Fieldherping category; Hi guys! Where I live there are lots of Salamander posts on Inaturalist by people at their house, but none ...

Field Herping Accounts Share your field herpetology experiences with accounts/articles, photos, and advice.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sith the turtle
  • 1 Post By supergrappler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: KingSloth is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy A herpless area

Hi guys! Where I live there are lots of Salamander posts on Inaturalist by people at their house, but none at local creeks or ponds. Is there any other tools other than inaturalist.org Global amphibian bio blitz? Or has any one been to the South Bay in Socal and know of any spots? Thank you!

KingSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 147
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: A herpless area

I don't think we can share localities, (To reduce the amount of salamanders and newts being captured for the pet trade) but I imagine just looking around the general area in suitable habitat would likely have something. If you want, you could go to a park or nature preserve that target species have been found in, and search there, to make it more likely you don't come out empty handed

Old 17th November 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 8
Rep: supergrappler has shown reliable knowledge

The best way is to network with other herpers. What area are you at?

supergrappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: KingSloth is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in LA By the beach (South Bay)

KingSloth is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack