The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Herping in the UK?

This is a discussion on Herping in the UK? within the Field Herping Discussion forums, part of the Fieldwork / Fieldherping category; Anyone here herped in the UK? When I was younger (and before cameras on phones were good), I used to ...

Field Herping Discussion Discuss Field Herping and ask questions about techniques, how to observe certain animals, what kind of habitats they inhabit, etc. Do not post field herping accounts in this sub-topic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th April 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ShaQuL is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Herping in the UK?

Anyone here herped in the UK?

When I was younger (and before cameras on phones were good), I used to go herping (not known that word before) with my brother in the Peak District, and saw quite a lot of newts in man made ponds around the fields. They were there no matter the weather along with nymphs. I'm not exactly sure which newts they were as it was a long time ago, but it was most likely Lissotriton helveticus or Lissotriton vulgaris.

Now that I'm older, I want to herp properly; so anyone in the UK (preferably Peak District area) have any tips?

ShaQuL is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack