The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Amphibian Species of the World 5.3, an Online Reference

This is a discussion on Amphibian Species of the World 5.3, an Online Reference within the Taxonomy, Phylogenetics & Evolution forums, part of the Herpetological Science & Politics category; WOW. That is all I can say about this site I stumbled over today... http://research.amnh.org/herpetology/amphibia/index.php...

Taxonomy, Phylogenetics & Evolution For the discussion of species naming, origins and the related sciences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2009   #1 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11
Default Amphibian Species of the World 5.3, an Online Reference

WOW.

That is all I can say about this site I stumbled over today...

http://research.amnh.org/herpetology/amphibia/index.php
SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: marco has shown reliable knowledgemarco has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Amphibian Species of the World 5.3, an Online Reference

Does this site focus mainly as a Taxonomic reference system or does it also contain specific natural history or field observations?

Its deffinitely in depth and I'm sure I will find many a use for the site.

Thanks for posting.
marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Well... it is one of the "Top Links" on the CC home page It is useful for taxonomy issues, as it lists all the former names of species, and often explains why particular changes were made.
Old 19th July 2009   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennewt View Post
Well... it is one of the "Top Links" on the CC home page It is useful for taxonomy issues, as it lists all the former names of species, and often explains why particular changes were made.
Which I discovered about 15 minutes "after" I had originally made this thread...
SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amphibian, online, reference, species, world