The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Useful free software for Biochemistry, chemistry, and other interested geeks

This is a discussion on Useful free software for Biochemistry, chemistry, and other interested geeks within the Pollution, Ecology & Chemistry forums, part of the Herpetological Science & Politics category; Here are a few programs I have found very useful as of late. I managed to finagle my way into ...

Pollution, Ecology & Chemistry Man made and organic pollution have drastic effects on the viability of ecosystems throughout the world. Amphibians are on the front line of this issue because they are widely believed to be the most sensitive organisms effected.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SludgeMunkey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2011   #1 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11
Default Useful free software for Biochemistry, chemistry, and other interested geeks

Here are a few programs I have found very useful as of late. I managed to finagle my way into a non-paid, non-official intern type position in the lab of a local researcher. Read that as head bottle washer and janitor, but you have to start somewhere, right? (Gods help us all, I am slowly being transformed into a biochemist...but this is what I get for inquiring about toxicity of a certain under documented caudate.)

Avogadro - Free Software Directory
Handy molecule editor and visualizer.

E-CELL Simulation Environment - Free Software Directory
Cell simulator, PYTHON powered.

Chemtool - Free Software Directory
Organic molecule rendering for ignorant students like myself.

SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack