The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Research opportunities in New England?

This is a discussion on Research opportunities in New England? within the Conservation and Habitat Management forums, part of the Herpetological Science & Politics category; Hello, I am a Master's student in Conservation Biology with a particular interest in amphibians. My interests in the past ...

Conservation and Habitat Management For discussion of the creation and maintenance of wild habitats for caudates and other amphibians, and on amphibian conservation issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: dragonwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Research opportunities in New England?

Hello,

I am a Master's student in Conservation Biology with a particular interest in amphibians. My interests in the past have been captive husbandry and I have 7 years experience as a zoo keeper, working closely with amphibians there. I would very much like my future exploits to be developing care and breeding protocols for rare species, but currently need to find a suitable research project. I have very little field experience and would like this to be an opportunity to become more familiar with this kind of work.

I was wondering whether anyone is aware of research that is needed or is ongoing in the field of herpetology in the New England area. I was doing my degree abroad, so currently am not affiliated with local academic support. I am particularly interested in coming up with research that could eventually support ex-situ efforts. Perhaps with Ambystoma maculatum.

Thank you in advance.

Rachel

dragonwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack