The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Through The Years...

This is a discussion on Through The Years... within the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion forums, part of the Advanced Newt & Salamander Topics category; This was a post from a different forum but has salamander and newt representatives throughout. I thought the community may ...

Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion Post and discuss photography and videography of amphibians. Photos can be hosted on Caudata.org for convenience.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jbherpin has given consistently good advice and informationjbherpin has given consistently good advice and informationjbherpin has given consistently good advice and information
Default Through The Years...

This was a post from a different forum but has salamander and newt representatives throughout. I thought the community may enjoy it.

I have been away for a while, looking forward to getting reacquainted.

Through the years... - Dendroboard

All my best-

JBear

-William Shakespeare
jbherpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jbherpin has given consistently good advice and informationjbherpin has given consistently good advice and informationjbherpin has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Through The Years...

Let me know if these pics are not showing up. You may need to be a member to view the actual pics. If so, I will work on getting them posted directly to this forum. I was hoping to bypass the time it would take to post them all again.

JBear

-William Shakespeare
Old 16th May 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

I think the pics will only open for members of dendroboard...
Its quick and easy to upload them directly to caudata.org. :)

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

Thank you, Here is the a few to start. I will be adding as time permits. I started from the oldest prior to getting a camera worth using...

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-051.jpg   Through The Years...-059.jpg   Through The Years...-304.jpg   Through The Years...-580.jpg   Through The Years...-587.jpg  

Through The Years...-598.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0074-alt.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0476-alt-crop.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 16th May 2015   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Cont.

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-img_0653-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0685-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0725-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0783-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1035-alt-crop.jpg  

Through The Years...-img_1349-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1409-alpine-larv-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1420-alpine-larv-crop.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 16th May 2015   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Cont.

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-img_1530-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1580-p.-cinereus-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1590-alpestris-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1640-alt.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1428-alpine-larva-crop.jpg  

Through The Years...-img_1654-alpine-larv-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1712-.-opacum-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1722-crop-bosc.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 16th May 2015   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

Cont. More to come

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-img_1769-alpestris-jungleland-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1787-l.-boscai-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_1800-l.-boscai-alt.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0887-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0889-alt-crop.jpg  

Through The Years...-img_1765-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0472-alt-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-laterale-5.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 16th May 2015   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Beautiful I. a apuanus, they are very underrated these days, but I love 'em. There's all kinds of pets in our house, but its the alpine newts that visitors always comment on.

Old 16th May 2015   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:

Cont. A bit more diversity in these next few posts...

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-clay.jpg   Through The Years...-703.jpg   Through The Years...-272.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0133-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0135-crop.jpg  

Through The Years...-img_0175-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0182-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_7359-crop.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 16th May 2015   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:

Continued w/ diversity...

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-img_0031-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_7382-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_7389-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0126-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_7683-crop.jpg  

Through The Years...-img_7830-alt.jpg   Through The Years...-img_7604-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_7950-crop.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 17th May 2015   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:

Cont.

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-img_0336-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0200-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0412-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0620-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0676-croop.jpg  

Through The Years...-img_0709-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0710-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0769-crop.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 17th May 2015   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:

Cont. I spent a few years dealing largely with poison dart frogs etc...

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-img_0793-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0797-crop-2.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0775-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0777-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0778-crop.jpg  

Through The Years...-img_0780-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0782-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0783-crop.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 17th May 2015   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:

Cont. I have kept quite a few critters... More to come...

JBear
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Years...-img_0784-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0827-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0829-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0833-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0843-crop.jpg  

Through The Years...-img_0912-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0913-crop.jpg   Through The Years...-img_0961-crop.jpg  

-William Shakespeare
Old 17th May 2015   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 8
Rep: BabySinclair has shown reliable knowledgeBabySinclair has shown reliable knowledge

Snikeys!! That's a LOT Of critters!! And they All look beautiful and healthy!

__________________________________________________ _______
When asked: Why?
Because I couldn't stop at just one dammit!!!

BabySinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2015   #15 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySinclair View Post
Snikeys!! That's a LOT Of critters!! And they All look beautiful and healthy!

__________________________________________________ _______
When asked: Why?
Because I couldn't stop at just one dammit!!!
Thank you so much! I will be posting some more...

JBear

-William Shakespeare
Old 17th May 2015   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Autumncrossing has started on the right path

Very cool! I'm curious do you have a favorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autumncrossing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbherpin View Post
Cont. I spent a few years dealing largely with poison dart frogs etc...

JBear
Are they Hynobius?

Old 18th May 2015   #18 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumncrossing View Post
Very cool! I'm curious do you have a favorite?
To be honest, no, each species has a unique appeal to me in their own way. Probably a bit of a boring answer, but it's the truth... If anything, I'd say the N. viridescens as I grew up catching them in PA. Thank you for your interest

JBear

-William Shakespeare
Old 18th May 2015   #19 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinadog View Post
Are they Hynobius?
No, I grew fascinated by the Ambystoma Complex(A. texanum, A. laterale, A. jeffersonianum, A. platineum, and A. tremblayi). The species Pictured is A. texanum. It was a breeding attempt that was not successful, however it was very interesting to observe them in an aquatic breeding situation. They had access to a large land section at all times with a very gradual egress. Thank you for the interest! I have many photos of intergrades if you are interested in seeing them...

JBear

-William Shakespeare
Old 21st May 2015   #20 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Autumncrossing has started on the right path

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbherpin View Post
To be honest, no, each species has a unique appeal to me in their own way. Probably a bit of a boring answer, but it's the truth... If anything, I'd say the N. viridescens as I grew up catching them in PA. Thank you for your interest

JBear

I also grew up catching N. Viridescens in PA up in the Poconos there's definitely something special about those little red efts!

Autumncrossing is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack