The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Intruiging nature : +2300 salamander shots

This is a discussion on Intruiging nature : +2300 salamander shots within the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion forums, part of the Advanced Newt & Salamander Topics category; I've finally decided to bundl my images and setup a somewhat structured website where you can drill down to shots ...

Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion Post and discuss photography and videography of amphibians. Photos can be hosted on Caudata.org for convenience.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By HWALL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: HWALL has shown reliable knowledge
Default Intruiging nature : +2300 salamander shots

I've finally decided to bundl my images and setup a somewhat structured website where you can drill down to shots per species. I still need to upload quite some shots , but currently you'll find 2400 shots over approx 120 species (among other more tinier critters ;-)

Hopefully you can enjoy the work, money & effort we've put into it and I do hope to add more work alter on (currently adding the local insects )

Articles are also available for free download , but for these you will first need to log in and create a user profile. I'm still trying out to work a little with the website and it's functionalities too ... looking in how I can make it more apetising too ;-)

http://intruigingnature.photodeck.com/

Feel free to let me knowwhat you think about it ;-)

HWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 8
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Intruiging nature : +2300 salamander shots

Nice site Henk. Adding it to my bookmarks. I may even sign up for the sake of my insatiable appetite for pdfs!

Two edits I can see right off:
"Hynobidae" should be "Hynobiidae"
and
"Arachnidae - Spiders" is incorrect in a couple of ways: It should either be "Arachnida" or "Araneae". The former is not a family [-idae suffix], but a class [-ida or -ia suffix] which includes but is not limited to spiders ["arachnids"]. The latter is an order which includes only spiders.

FrogEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Hemidactylium should be moved from Salamandridae to Plethodontidae.

Old 30th March 2013   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Mortimer has given good advice and informationMortimer has given good advice and information

Very nice!!! I just spent the last 30+ minutes on there. :)

Mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hai thanks for the remarks, have changed all of it.
As a hynobid enthousiast I should have seen the Hynobiidae myself ( damn... ) and for some reason I don't really know ( age ?) I always seem to mix up where Hemidactylium should sit.

I hope to among others toadd the Batrachoseps shots I made in on my CA trip later, you can see and follow what I add under the 'constructing the database' map . Som more days from here and I might make some new shots on our endemic species ( alpestris en vulgaris)

So thanks for the constructive remarks , it's appriciated ;-)

Old 31st March 2013   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

I figured that apart from the arachnids, the issues were simple errors. It's always my pleasure to be of some help to someone as notable as yourself.

Old 3rd April 2013   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

Just added the Batrachoseps en Ensatina schots I made om my CA trip (in 2006) . Will sort them out by (sub)species later ... enjoy.

Old 10th April 2013   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: speckles has shown reliable knowledge

That is so cool

speckles is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack