The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Triturus marmoratus

This is a discussion on Triturus marmoratus within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; 0.0.4 Triturus marmoratus , fully aquatic, a little over one year old. Will get more pictures when they're a little ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree33Likes
  • 8 Post By ThoseNewtsTho
  • 4 Post By ThoseNewtsTho
  • 1 Post By Stupot1610
  • 1 Post By sde
  • 2 Post By ThoseNewtsTho
  • 3 Post By ThoseNewtsTho
  • 1 Post By ThoseNewtsTho
  • 7 Post By Chinadog
  • 3 Post By juraj
  • 3 Post By ThoseNewtsTho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2015   #1 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: ThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Triturus marmoratus

0.0.4 Triturus marmoratus, fully aquatic, a little over one year old. Will get more pictures when they're a little less shy and used to their new environment.
Attached Thumbnails
Triturus marmoratus-img_0823.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0822.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0826.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0836.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0841.jpg  

Triturus marmoratus-img_0846.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0834.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0847.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2015   #2 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Rep: ThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Triturus marmoratus

Managed to get a few more before school this morning, I wish I had better lighting and something better than an iPhone camera though. Triturus marmoratus-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422037877.725091.jpgTriturus marmoratus-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422037897.389857.jpgTriturus marmoratus-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422037912.757375.jpgTriturus marmoratus-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422037926.275214.jpgTriturus marmoratus-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422037942.543592.jpg

Old 23rd January 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 11
Comments: 4
Rep: Stupot1610 has shown reliable knowledgeStupot1610 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Triturus marmoratus

They look great :)
I have some coming soon and I can't wait! They're a truly lovely species.

Stuart

Stupot1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015   #4 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

I may end up putting a thin layer of sand in the feeding area, they seem scared that it has no substrate or that theres no plant, idk, they don't seem to enjoy walking on it either, waking like they're running into the walls whenever they're in that area, if anyone has suggestions lol

Old 23rd January 2015   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 11
Comments: 4
Rep: Stupot1610 has shown reliable knowledgeStupot1610 has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseNewtsTho View Post
I may end up putting a thin layer of sand in the feeding area, they seem scared that it has no substrate or that theres no plant, idk, they don't seem to enjoy walking on it either, waking like they're running into the walls whenever they're in that area, if anyone has suggestions lol
When I've had newts on bare bottoms before they sometimes struggle to get a grip which seems to stress them, that being said, others have no problems with it.

Stuart

Stupot1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

They look lovely and healthy. :) I always thought they were the most terrestrially inclined species of Triturus? Will you try to keep them aquatic?

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015   #7 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinadog View Post
They look lovely and healthy. :) I always thought they were the most terrestrially inclined species of Triturus? Will you try to keep them aquatic?
Aaron has a phobia of terrestrial juveniles, so yes, he will probably keep them aquatic xD

Old 23rd January 2015   #8 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

Quote:
The guy who sold me them kept them fully aquatic and thats how I prefer it, which is a reason why I didn't wait and get morphs in the spring, but if they really did wanna go terrestrial, I can't really stop them, but in the 48 hours that I have had them, they haven't exited the water, and only at night, sticking their heads out of the water and resting on higher plants.

Old 24th January 2015   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: otolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

They look great! I have a group of 5 that are three years old and will be entering the water for the first time in a few weeks. I hope they take to aquatic life as well as yours have.

otolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015   #10 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

Some more... I don't know how to not take pictures of these.
Attached Thumbnails
Triturus marmoratus-img_0892.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0895.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0885.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0879.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0877.jpg  

Triturus marmoratus-img_0875.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0867.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_0870.jpg  

Old 30th May 2015   #11 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

Decided to give the marms an upgrade a couple days ago, some of them are still a little timid from moving tanks though.
Attached Thumbnails
Triturus marmoratus-img_1680.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_1678.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_1677.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_1682.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_1684.jpg  

Triturus marmoratus-img_1686.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-img_1655.jpg  

Old 30th May 2015   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: Rupert has shown reliable knowledgeRupert has shown reliable knowledge

I'd really appreciate if you'd share how you did your land area. It looks like a DIY turtle rock..is it?

Anyhow it looks really good and natural, without wasting water space.

Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015   #13 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
I'd really appreciate if you'd share how you did your land area. It looks like a DIY turtle rock..is it?

Anyhow it looks really good and natural, without wasting water space.
I actually just bought it at a petstore lol I think its made by ZooMed

Old 31st May 2015   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseNewtsTho View Post
I actually just bought it at a petstore lol I think its made by ZooMed
Yep, deff ZooMed. I have a couple of those that are covered in moss. I like them better than cork because they take up much less space above the water line meaning I can get more water in the tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Triturus marmoratus-dock.jpg  

Last edited by Chinadog; 31st May 2015 at 13:31. Reason: added pic
Old 1st June 2015   #15 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 82
Comments: 8
Rep: juraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Quote:
Yep, deff ZooMed. I have a couple of those that are covered in moss. I like them better than cork because they take up much less space above the water line meaning I can get more water in the tank.
Whatever you may use it seems you are very talented gardener.
j.

juraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016   #16 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

Heres some more recent pictures, please excuse the overall mess of the tank and the some of the subpar quality pictures lol
Attached Thumbnails
Triturus marmoratus-581937_624525144351845_17540967774436426_n.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-12509658_624525167685176_3120711167946118530_n.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-12400557_624525154351844_3986392898531853157_n.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-12507229_624525194351840_8091369525529470495_n.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-12376347_624525271018499_7514363556371247140_n.jpg  

Triturus marmoratus-12541058_624525217685171_8788821223809717762_n.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-12107181_624525204351839_3393807414694059834_n.jpg   Triturus marmoratus-12524321_624525321018494_586406435951505163_n.jpg  

Old 18th January 2016   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:

Looks like their first breeding season. :) Did they stay in the water in the end?

Old 18th January 2016   #18 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

Quote:
Did they stay in the water in the end?
They did, actually I haven't seen them leave the water at all in a long time, might have something to do with keeping the water cooler than usual.

Old 18th January 2016   #19 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Karp is an unknown quantity at this point

They look great!

Karp is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack