The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Japanese Cynops imports.

This is a discussion on Japanese Cynops imports. within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; I've been waiting forever for these to show up and today they finally did! They are C. pyrrhogaster kanto and ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree29Likes
  • 17 Post By Chinadog
  • 3 Post By Sith the turtle
  • 1 Post By sde
  • 1 Post By Chinadog
  • 1 Post By AuSu
  • 1 Post By Chinadog
  • 4 Post By Chinadog
  • 1 Post By SteGriffWales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Japanese Cynops imports.

I've been waiting forever for these to show up and today they finally did! They are C. pyrrhogaster kanto and C. ensicauda popei from a seller in Japan. Although somewhat expensive, they arrived in excellent shape with all the appropriate paperwork and were well worth it. ;) 8)
Attached Thumbnails
Japanese Cynops imports.-sam_9309.jpg   Japanese Cynops imports.-sam_9306.jpg   Japanese Cynops imports.-sam_9310.jpg   Japanese Cynops imports.-sam_9307.jpg   Japanese Cynops imports.-sam_9313.jpg  

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 142
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Japanese Cynops imports.

I see what you did there... I fell for it at first

Old 27th February 2016   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 14
Rep: sde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.org

My goodness, you nearly gave me a heart attack! Chinadog, buying WC newts, how could it be?!

Nice one, those are some cool figurines.

Old 27th February 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

He he! they are really lifelike in the right setting, I just had to buy them. They're made by Kitan in Japan. They're part of a series, there's also a Japanese Giant Salamander and a completely red pyrrho. They're magnetic as well apart from the one with the key chain, I'm going to hang that one from the rear view mirror in my Volkswagen.

Last edited by Chinadog; 28th February 2016 at 12:32.
Old 27th February 2016   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: AuSu has given good advice and informationAuSu has given good advice and information

Cool, I had similar thoughts with Seth wondering did they really send you some in that plastic box and is Japanese moss really safe to bring in Britain...

AuSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSu View Post
Cool, I had similar thoughts with Seth wondering did they really send you some in that plastic box and is Japanese moss really safe to bring in Britain...
You're not the only one they fooled, I put one in the shower for Lisa to find when she got in from work. She did think it was real, but she just casually asked why there was one of my newts in the shower.
She knows me too well and nothing surprises her any more, she's used to the strange things I sometimes do! 8)

Old 27th February 2016   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Tricked me too... I gazed very longingly at the C. ensicauda popei and was crossing everything for you to successfully breed them :)

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:

Well, I do have three CB juvenile C. e popei so keep crossing everything and hope there's both sexes, I know I am! I will make a thread on them very soon. ;) :)

Old 28th February 2016   #9 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I was thinking of getting the whole set. It looks like it would be between 50.00 and 60.00. I was price shopping but couldn't find them cheaper.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:

Yes, I wish I'd bought them as a set, the ones I did buy worked out about $14 each so the set would be better value. They are the best newt figurines I've ever seen though, especially the pyrrho ones.

Old 2nd March 2016   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: DIPLO is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Congratulation! :) I'll bring some juvernile sword tailed newt instead of them.

나의 SM-G150NS 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

DIPLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: SteGriffWales has started on the right path

well played sir

well played haha

SteGriffWales is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack