The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

My Best Caudata Photos of 2016

This is a discussion on My Best Caudata Photos of 2016 within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; Hello everyone! It has been a while since i've posted on here, but i thought i'd drop in to show ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree21Likes
  • 13 Post By sde
  • 3 Post By Chinadog
  • 1 Post By AdvythAF
  • 3 Post By juraj
  • 1 Post By sde

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default My Best Caudata Photos of 2016

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since i've posted on here, but i thought i'd drop in to show you some of my favorite Caudata photos from this year. Some of these are wild Caudatas, some are my own.
I know its a lot of pictures (21 to be exact) but i couldn't manage to narrow down my favorites any further

By the way, i have a photography page on Facebook! Seth D. Erickson Photography is its name, heres a link to it: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...315021&fref=ts
I also have a Flickr account you can follow; https://www.flickr.com/photos/137665678@N04
You can follow either or both of these and see my newest photos when i upload them, usually every other day for Facebook and once a week or so for Flickr

And without further ado, here are my personal favorites from this year, in no particular order, starting off with....

A wild juvenile Oregon Ensatina salamander, Ensatina eschscholtzii oregonensis.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is a wild larval Coastal Giant salamander, Dicamptodon tenebrosus

Wild adult female Northwestern salamander, Ambystoma gracile

Wild juvenile Northwestern salamander, Ambystoma gracile. This individual was super dark, probably the darkest i've seen

My adult female Tiannan Crocodile newt, Tylototriton yangi, looking very fat as usual

Wild juvenile Western Redback salamander, Plethodon vehiculum

My adult male Tiannan Crocodile newt, Tylototriton yangi

Wild adult female Rough Skinned newt, Taricha granulosa

Wild subadult Oregon Ensatina salamander, Ensatina eschscholtzii oregonensis

Wild subadult Northwestern salamander, Ambystoma gracile

Wild juvenile Oregon Ensatina salamanader, Ensatina eschscholtzii oregonensis, same one as in the first photo

Wild larva Coastal Giant salamander, Dicamptodon tenebrosus

Wild adult female Long Toed salamander, Ambystoma macrodactylum macrodactylum, and a pretty large one at that!

My adult female Rough Skinned newt, Taricha granulosa. I have high hopes for this spring, its my dream to breed these guys

Wild newly metamorphosed Rough Skinned newt, Taricha granulosa, the first one i found this year

My adult (female i believe) Mole salamander, Ambystoma talpoideum (you probably recognize this one haha)

My adult female Rough Skinned newt again

Wild larval Coastal Giant salamander, Dicamptodon tenebrosus

Wild adult female Northwestern salamander, Ambystoma gracile

My (smaller) female Tiannan Crocodile newt, Tylototriton yangi

I don't like this one as much as i did earlier in the year...but what the heck why not. Two wild adult female Rough Skinned newts, Taricha granulosa

And that's it! Took me about 30 minutes to make this but it was worth it.
This community is awesome, from here i learned not only how to properly keep Caudates but also gained tips on photography and herping, and have gained many awesome friends, so i figure i ought to come back and post every once in a while.

Hope you enjoyed my photos and Happy New Year to everyone!
-Seth
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgChinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgChinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgChinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgChinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgChinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgChinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgChinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgChinadog is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: My Best Caudata Photos of 2016

Stunning! The Taricha and Decamptodon ones are my favourites. :)
Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: AdvythAF has given good advice and informationAdvythAF has given good advice and informationAdvythAF has given good advice and information

Awesome photos, your photography has improved so much!

Also I'm glad to be one of those friends you gained, Seth
Old 1 Week Ago   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 73
Comments: 8
Rep: juraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Perfect ! Keep it up man !
A little of criticism anyway : photo 9 f-number too low, photo 10 f-number too high
(according to my sense, no idea what would experts say)
good job

j.
juraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by juraj View Post
Perfect ! Keep it up man !
A little of criticism anyway : photo 9 f-number too low, photo 10 f-number too high
(according to my sense, no idea what would experts say)
good job

j.
Thank you Juraj! Yes 9 is a bit too low, but with 10 its actually lower than i wanted. The goal in that photo was to show the animals habitat in the background clearly, but it is not clear.

Tags
2016, photography, photos