The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

A fellow Michigan native

This is a discussion on A fellow Michigan native within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; This little guy decided our barn would be the best place to hibernate, inside a pile of lumber. Little did ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2004   #1 (permalink)
kaysie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

This little guy decided our barn would be the best place to hibernate, inside a pile of lumber. Little did he know, that lumber was being used soon. After moving stuff around (I think thats where the end of his tail went!), my father noticed him on the floor, picked him up and rinsed him off (I dont think the sal intended on the barn being dry when it rained). Dad brought him inside and shoved it in my face, much to my delight. So I took him out into the deep woods (okay, about 20 feet out) and put him in one of the many piles of debris and <font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font> that's out there. May it live long and multiply!

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 24th October 2004   #2 (permalink)
kaysie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Due to size, I can pretty much be guaranteed this is Amybstoma laterale and not a Jefferson-Laterale complex. But there's really no absolute determination except DNA.

Old 24th October 2004   #3 (permalink)
jeffrey

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Beautiful photos Kaysie, I wonder if you will see the little fellow again next year.

Old 25th October 2004   #4 (permalink)
kaysie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Jeff, I cant take credit for the photos being beautiful. It was the subject that was beautiful. hopefully I'll find this little dude or his offspring next year.

Tags
fellow, michigan, native

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 2 (Set)

End, Jefferson
LinkBack