The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Cynops ensicauda popei

This is a discussion on Cynops ensicauda popei within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; One of my more oddly colored/patterned C.e.p.:...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2004   #1 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

One of my more oddly colored/patterned C.e.p.:

Click the image to open in full size.

TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2004   #2 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Now this reminds me a lot of:

Click the image to open in full size.

I still think mine might be a hybrid though.

Old 1st June 2004   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Niiice! Hybrid what though? You mean a C.e.p-C.e.e mix? is that an adult in that pic? I can't gauge the size. Interesting to see that bottom orange stripe and it makes me want to see what the belly looks like on that fella! I'll put up a pic of the other side of my odd one later Click the image to open in full size.

TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2004   #4 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I'll see what I can do about a belly photo. That guy is 7.5 cm in length, juvenile. Yes, when I say hybrid I mean C.e.p.-C.e.e. mix. The belly is orange, slightly more broad patch of orange than the metamorph popei I have.

Tags
cynops, ensicauda, popei

LinkBack