The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Use your Member Gallery to post your photos here too!

This is a discussion on Use your Member Gallery to post your photos here too! within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; Don't forget that everyone can upload photos to the Member Galleries and host your photos there. You can then use ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By i_love_necturus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2007   #1 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Exclamation Use your Member Gallery to post your photos here too!

Don't forget that everyone can upload photos to the Member Galleries and host your photos there. You can then use the [Images] popup when writing a message in order to include any of your Member Gallery photos!

Last edited by John; 15th June 2007 at 05:39.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007   #2 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

For example, this image was put in this message in the way I just described:
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by John; 30th June 2007 at 05:29.
Old 29th June 2007   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information
Question

Sorry but I cant figure out how to do it. Could you explain how to in a little more detail please. I'm feeling a bit dense right now.

i_love_necturus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007   #4 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_necturus View Post
Sorry but I cant figure out how to do it. Could you explain how to in a little more detail please. I'm feeling a bit dense right now.
- Click the new message, new thread, reply with quote button, or any other message writing button (if you use quick reply you'll have to click "go advanced").
- On the right of the message box there is a box full of smiley faces. Under it is a link that says [Images]. Click it.
- A window will pop up (make sure you allow Caudata.org popups - we do not have any annoying ones or advertisements, so you shouldn't be blocking our popups anyhow).
- Click the picture you want and it will appear in the message (you might have to move it around if it appeared at the beginning of something you've written already).
- Optionally, close the popup.
- Post your message.
- Pat yourself on the back.

Old 29th June 2007   #5 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

You can also post other people's photos from the galleries in your messages. However to do this you need to first find the photo in the gallery and click the "Album it!" button (a sort of "my favorite photos" facility we have). Then you can access the album from the popup you get when you click [Images] during new message composition (as just described).

Old 29th June 2007   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information

Thats strange, because there isn't a smilie box when I go to post messages except for the one below the message box that allows me to put smilies in the title. Because I don't have a smilie box I don't have the image thing either. Whats up?

Old 29th June 2007   #7 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11

Ryan, your problem should be that you are not using the standard reply interface (which is actually not the default.)

Anyways, to fix your problem Click on "User CP" at the top left corner of the page. This will bring up your user control panel where you change your profile, et cetera. Click on "Edit Options" from the choices on your left and scroll all the way to the bottom. You will see "Message Editor Interface" in blue and then some text describing it. Select "Standard Editor" from the drop down box and you should see exactly what John is describing.

So once again, step by step:
  • Click on User CP (upper left of any page in green bar)
  • Click on "Edit Options"
  • Scroll to bottom of page and change the dropbox "Basic Editor - a Simple Text Box" to "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls"
  • Go to make your post with image and follow John's instructions and they should work!

Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Default Lemme give it a try...

Here I go:Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks guys!

Old 30th June 2007   #9 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Thanks Abrahm, I never thought of that. I'll change the default preferences for new users. People who are users already will probably have to manually follow Abrahm's instructions.

Last edited by John; 30th June 2007 at 05:29. Reason: I can't change the default editor - nevermind.

Tags
gallery, member, photos, post

LinkBack