The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

If proof be needed..

This is a discussion on If proof be needed.. within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; That captive breeding is best! Cynops pyrrhogaster bred by Jesper Danielsson Pleurodeles waltl bred by myself M. a. apuanus bred ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By Mark
  • 1 Post By Jennewt
  • 3 Post By Mark
  • 4 Post By Chinadog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11
Default If proof be needed..

That captive breeding is best!

Cynops pyrrhogaster bred by Jesper Danielsson
Click the image to open in full size.

Pleurodeles waltl bred by myself

M. a. apuanus bred by Alan Cann

Triturus marmoratus bred by myself.

I can feel a diet coming on....

Neurergus strauchii bred by Jennifer Macke.

Calotriton asper bred by GŁnter Schultschik.

Neurergus kaiseri bred by Alan Cann.

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 3
Rep: t_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Thumbs up

They all look so fantastic! I really can't wait until I can get breeding adults and add to the captive bred population here on the U.S. west coast. Please please please keep pics like these coming. I think they will influence others that captive bred animals are truly the way to go.

t_summ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information

Wow very nice, my compliments to all those great breeders (you included Mark). Now if only there could be some captive bred Necturus...

Old 30th October 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 0
Rep: MRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and information

Could be photoshopped. How about more just so we can be sure. :-)

MRIGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 33
Comments: 7
Rep: Daniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Great pics and fantastic animals...my favourite (just by sight...) is N. strauchii but all of them look gorgeous! Keep this pics coming, Mark! :)

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007   #6 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: froggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Brilliant pics. it is wonderful to see these species as captive bred animals....perhaps there is hope for Neurergus...

Chris

froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007   #7 (permalink)
Asian Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Rep: tomthlee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtomthlee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtomthlee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtomthlee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtomthlee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Captive breeding/rearing is definitely the best and is great for the hobby. I personally don't have the time or skills to do so, so I appreciate the efforts of those putting the time in to create these lovely critters.

Old 31st October 2007   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Wonderful photos, Mark. This is a beautiful promotion of captive breeding

Although my photographic abilities don't match yours, I'll throw in another piece of "proof". These were bred by Audrey:

Old 1st November 2007   #9 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 25
Rep: jewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

It seems this has been a really stellar year for captive breeding - members of the forum have bred T. gran's, Paramesotriton laoensis, Pachytriton labiatus, and I think there may have been even more - what am I missing? Way to go for those who have put forth the effort to breed and raise these animals!
Heather

"Anyone who is disturbed by the idea of newts in a nightclub is potentially dangerous." Frank Zappa
jewett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

Itís great to see traditional pet shop species (cynops, taricha, paramesotriton, patchytriton, etc) being bred in captivity. After all they are often the reason we get into this hobby in the first placeÖ but sadly bred infrequently.

One more; Tylototriton kweichowensis bred by Andy Baker (not mine, Iím newtsitting).

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: If proof be needed..

Very old thread I know, but I thought I'd resurrect it.
This F3 pyrrho is the biggest male I've ever seen and is just getting his first breeding colours this winter. He's the only one I kept from his year because I injured his foot with the cover glass and felt sorry for him, glad I did now! :)
Does anyone else have any captive bred favourites?
Attached Thumbnails
If proof be needed..-sam_1312.jpg   If proof be needed..-sam_1334.jpg  

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
needed, proof

LinkBack