The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Some new animals

This is a discussion on Some new animals within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; Hemidactylium scutatum: Ambystoma maculatum (some totally black): Desmognathus fuscus:...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2008   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: coendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Some new animals

Hemidactylium scutatum:

Click the image to open in full size.

Ambystoma maculatum (some totally black):

Desmognathus fuscus:

coendeurloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Steve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Nice looking Four-toed

Steve Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 16
Comments: 12
Rep: digger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Lovely clear pics. Thankyou for sharing.

digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

I love how some of the more common North American species are just so cool in Europe. It's neat what we take for granted (like the spotted sals), other people think are just the spiffiest thing since sliced bread.

Great sals, Coen!

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Rep: robkeulers has shown reliable knowledgerobkeulers has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysie View Post
I love how some of the more common North American species are just so cool in Europe. It's neat what we take for granted (like the spotted sals), other people think are just the spiffiest thing since sliced bread.
In europe it's very strange to see how fond Americans are about common european people. Like Lissotriton alpestris, They are everywhere in my garden, and you think it's very special. So it's kind of the same

Last edited by robkeulers; 24th April 2008 at 16:50. Reason: typo
robkeulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: coendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Thanks all. And what to think of the L. vulgaris? Absolutely abundant here, people (not me though) generally consider it a dull and brown newt, while it is reasonably popular in the US (right?)

coendeurloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coendeurloo View Post
And what to think of the L. vulgaris? Absolutely abundant here, people (not me though) generally consider it a dull and brown newt, while it is reasonably popular in the US (right?)
Totally. I think if I could trade to have L. vulgaris be native here for N. viridescens, I just might.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008   #8 (permalink)
Ambystoma Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 11
Rep: dane_zu has given consistently good advice and informationdane_zu has given consistently good advice and informationdane_zu has given consistently good advice and information

very nice new sals you got there, are you planning on breeding the four toeds?

Old 28th April 2008   #9 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 25
Rep: jewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Hey Coen, looks like you are doing a great job of filling any empty space in your newt room! Very lovely animals, and I am still very jealous of your exclusive new caudate room!

"Anyone who is disturbed by the idea of newts in a nightclub is potentially dangerous." Frank Zappa
jewett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animals

LinkBack