The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Video on Caudata.org

This is a discussion on Video on Caudata.org within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; Note from John to newcommers to this thread: That's not Alan in the video - keep scrolling down the thread....

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st June 2008   #1 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 1
Rep: ajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Video on Caudata.org

Note from John to newcommers to this thread: That's not Alan in the video - keep scrolling down the thread.

Last edited by John; 24th June 2008 at 06:56.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: coendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Video on Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Hi Alan, it shows a welcome to seesmic video when I follow that link. Do we need to signup there to view the video?

Note from John to newcommers to this thread: That's not Alan in the video - keep scrolling down the thread.

Last edited by John; 24th June 2008 at 06:56.
coendeurloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008   #3 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: ajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Hmm, try this:

Last edited by John; 24th June 2008 at 06:35.
Old 21st June 2008   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Wow, this is a really cool idea, Alan. I think this has a lot of potential, although I'm not sure I want to start answering forum questions this way.

Why do you say that this wouldn't be a good way to display animal videos? Is the resolution worse than other methods of posting videos?

Old 21st June 2008   #5 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Alan: "I don't know if any of you have seen Seesmic.com"

Evidently neither has the vB video plugin writer...

I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks Alan!

Old 21st June 2008   #6 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Seesmic isn't allowing registrations right now? That place seems a little hokey to me.

Old 22nd June 2008   #7 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:

Seesmic is far from hokey
Just sign up on the site and they'll send you a registration code.

Old 22nd June 2008   #8 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennewt View Post
Why do you say that this wouldn't be a good way to display animal videos? Is the resolution worse than other methods of posting videos?
Although you can upload videos, the site is designed to record directly from a webcam, so is best suited to talking head video. It takes a while to get your head around Seesmic, best to play with it for a while then form an opinion. Personally, I think it's an import step forward in online communication.

Old 22nd June 2008   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: coendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Excuse me for me ignorance, but what does hokey mean?

The idea sounds nice, I just wouldn't know what to say at the moment though, I mean it's nice to put a face to a name indeed...But I'd be just mumbling nonsense with a Dutch accent

Old 22nd June 2008   #10 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Alan - when I made my original posts I attempted to sign up but I couldn't find the sign up or registration buttons - that's why I thought it was hokey. I just loaded the homepage and I see a sign up button now.

Coen - hokey means contrived.

Old 22nd June 2008   #11 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Doesn't it seem a little odd that the site does something as costly as host video but doesn't have an obvious way of making money to pay for it? Anybody know what's going on there?

Old 23rd June 2008   #12 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:

Seesmic is very new and is presently funded by venture capital, much like twitter and many other web 2.0 sites. No, I don't understand it either! :-)

Old 23rd June 2008   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:

Alan, thanks for the video. I'm not able to reply via webcam at the moment, as I'm laying sick on the couch with my laptop. Your pronounciation of my name was perfect though! I think it's interesting to see where this is going.

Old 23rd June 2008   #14 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I'm working on making our site parse seesmic videos. Will let you know when I have it done.

Old 24th June 2008   #15 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Seesmic videos now work. Just post the "link" on a new line in your thread and it'll work. That was a pain but at least I oiled the old php gears.

Old 24th June 2008   #16 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:

Hooray, thanks for that John.

Old 19th April 2009   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: mistari is an unknown quantity at this point

great video, music was my favorite part. !!! :)

mistari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009   #18 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 0
Rep: Dalabrae has given good advice and informationDalabrae has given good advice and information

So how do we embed the video from say youtube, trying to do it on another thread but can't seem to get it to work.

..... never mind I worked it out, :)

Last edited by Dalabrae; 8th June 2009 at 15:22. Reason: Worked it out.
Dalabrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009   #19 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

It's very easy, just post the link to the video.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caudataorg, video

LinkBack