The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Home made Brine shrimp hatchery

This is a discussion on Home made Brine shrimp hatchery within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; I think this is the right area to post this. There isnt an equipment area that I know of so ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2009   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 14
Comments: 21
Rep: caudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and information
Default Home made Brine shrimp hatchery

I think this is the right area to post this. There isnt an equipment area that I know of so this seems like the right place. Anyways, I have been meaning to post pictures of my home made brine shrimp hatchery for a long time here. I didnt actually make it, a family member made it as a present for my me. It works great! Here are two pictures of it.

The hatchery:
Click the image to open in full size.

The inside of one of the cut off two liter bottles. It is an airline tube going up with silicone up to the rim of the tube so brine shrimp eggs cant rest on the bottom.
Click the image to open in full size.
caudatadude28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 1
Rep: Yahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Home made Brine shrimp hatchery

Very nice work. I don't understand why eggs can't rest on the bottom? I hadn't ever cultured Artemia, this is why i'm asking.
Old 17th July 2009   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11

The eggs need to be constantly moving in order to hatch. So, if they sit still on the bottom they won't hatch.
Old 17th July 2009   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 1
Rep: Yahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Ok, i understand, thank you.

Tags
brine, hatchery, home, made, shrimp