The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Pyrrho pride parade.

This is a discussion on Pyrrho pride parade. within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; Great photos! I really like the look of the males, very impressive :) Thanks for sharing, Paul...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2011   #21 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Paul112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pyrrho pride parade.

Great photos! I really like the look of the males, very impressive :)

Thanks for sharing,
Paul

Old 28th October 2011   #22 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: AngieD has given good advice and informationAngieD has given good advice and information

I've made an album on my galleries page called 'Nora & Pyro', there's pictures of them on there. Looking at the pictures on here, they are so different, apart from tiny hints - that's what made me originally stop thinking they were pyrrhos (or at least pure ones)

Old 17th December 2013   #23 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

I know this is an old thread but i thought I'd add One of my boys to the pride! I was hoping for more pictures but he became quite bored and claimed he was "tired and emotional" and went all supermodel on me :)
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_0910.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_0911.jpg  

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2013   #24 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 53
Comments: 10
Rep: evut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Mine are also very colourful/fat at the moment. Here's a couple of photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-131218_newts_001.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-131218_newts_007.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-131218_newts_008.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-131220_newts_002.jpg  

evut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2013   #25 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

They're lovely! I was starting to get concerned about my females but i can see yours are the same shape, just full of eggs i guess :)

Old 22nd December 2013   #26 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: stanleyc has given good advice and informationstanleyc has given good advice and information

Those are some beautiful newts.

stanleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2013   #27 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Cheers for resuscitating the thread :P
Now give me more...moaaaaaaaaar!! xD

I bloody love this species....

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2013   #28 (permalink)

Nationality:

I'll get some more pictures as soon as they emerge from the plants long enough! I wish everyone with C. pyrrhogaster would post a few pics in this thread, I love to see their almost infinite variation, even between individuals of the same race!

Old 24th December 2013   #29 (permalink)

Nationality:

Here's a few more snaps, Eva is a better photographer than me, though :)
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_1175.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_1048.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_1096.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_1189.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_0460.jpg  

Old 1st April 2014   #30 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: evut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

My males are very blue at the moment. The last photo is of the newt in my avatar. He was a beautiful juvenile with almost no markings on his belly, now he tends to get a very blue face. He's the first newt I ever raised so he's quite special.
I've a had some eggs, mostly infertile, but hopefully as spring progresses there will be more.
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-140327_newts_001.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-140327_newts_002.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-140327_newts_003.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-140331_newts_001.jpg  

Old 1st April 2014   #31 (permalink)

Nationality:

Most of the eggs you sent me were fertile, I lost some to fungus but a good few of them hatched. If they grow into adults half as flashy as yours I'll be very happy!
I know what you mean about the first newt you raised, I've just put my biggest/first juvenile in with the adults and I was scared stiff they would try to eat him, or he'd get tangled in the weeds and drown, get stuck to the strainer for the filter or some other freak accident...

Old 1st April 2014   #32 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 11
Rep: Redear is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me, or are alot of female pyrrhogasters overweight? (or are they just gravid?)

I know mine are huge.

Redear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014   #33 (permalink)

Nationality:

The ones in my pics were full of eggs when those pics were taken, so were Eve's I'm sure. They don't look like that all year round! ;)

Old 2nd April 2014   #34 (permalink)

Nationality:

okay...that makes me feel better. Mine have gained a ton of weight in the last couple months, and I was nervous they were getting unhealthy. But they are laying eggs, so I guess its normal. I'll keep an eye on their weight when they are done laying the eggs.

Old 2nd April 2014   #35 (permalink)

Nationality:

Why not post some pictures of them in this thread? That's what it's for! :)

Old 2nd April 2014   #36 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: milamber88 is an unknown quantity at this point

All photos are amaaaazing, that newt are sooo beautiful.
Why not post new photos? I`m waitting for them

milamber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014   #37 (permalink)

Nationality:

Okay...I will try to put one up in the next day or two. I play basketball on wednesdays and I do not have any strength afterward for picture taking. I am planning to clean some tanks tomorrow so I will snap some pics of my fat female for your viewing pleasure.

Old 14th October 2014   #38 (permalink)

Nationality:

It's that time of year again! This year, my adult male has some of his adolescent sons to contend with. Most of them will be moving out soon, but he must have the patients of a saint to be so tolerant of them following him round, cramping his style!
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_5114.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_5119.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_5113.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-pyrrho-pride.jpg  

Old 24th October 2014   #39 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Well, I really don't know what to say about these photos. They're of a pyrrho so I'll post them here. Rodrigo, you wanted to see photos - this is one your girls.
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-dsc01150s.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-dsc01151s.jpg  

Old 24th October 2014   #40 (permalink)

Nationality:

It's not just mine, then. :)
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_4879.jpg  

LinkBack