The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Pyrrho pride parade.

This is a discussion on Pyrrho pride parade. within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; Just as well worms don't have eyes, that would be a terrifying way to go......

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2014   #41 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 53
Comments: 10
Rep: evut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Pyrrho pride parade.

Just as well worms don't have eyes, that would be a terrifying way to go...

evut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014   #42 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Ah, i see that i trained them well. The operation "Swallow the Wor.."....i mean....operation "Hugs, Candy and Cuddles for everyone" is on....yeah....

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014   #43 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Hello all its been a while....

Here is Garfield whom I got off of Eva (Evut) back in 2011, still unsure on sex as she/he looked female at one stage but now thinking he's looking male, sure you guys can help with this! Just in the middle of setting him up a new tank with lots of live plants but need to let it all settle first before he gets upgraded again :) Sorry for some of the pics tried to take some in a tub but Garfield is rather camera shy (even worse they have loaded up sideways sorry)
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-20141121_105922.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-20141121_105831.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-20141121_105946.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-20141121_103108.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-20141121_103100-1.jpg  

Pyrrho pride parade.-20141121_103323.jpg  

2 Cynops Pyrrhogaster, 2 Bearded Dragons (Oz & Taz), 1 Sunglow Boa Constrictor (Xia), 1 Cornsnake (Zeus), 1 Crested Gecko (Blaze), 1 Leopard Gecko (Iridessa), 3 Mice (Nibbles, Patches & Ditsy) & 1 Jackahuahua (Basil)
zoezakella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014   #44 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Garfield is definitely a female!

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Old 21st November 2014   #45 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhael View Post
Garfield is definitely a female!
Thanks Rodrigo was the bulge that confused me hence I thought male

2 Cynops Pyrrhogaster, 2 Bearded Dragons (Oz & Taz), 1 Sunglow Boa Constrictor (Xia), 1 Cornsnake (Zeus), 1 Crested Gecko (Blaze), 1 Leopard Gecko (Iridessa), 3 Mice (Nibbles, Patches & Ditsy) & 1 Jackahuahua (Basil)
Old 21st November 2014   #46 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Ah, if you had a male to compare with side by side you'd notice the difference, believe me.

Non Timetis Messor.
Old 21st November 2014   #47 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhael View Post
Ah, if you had a male to compare with side by side you'd notice the difference, believe me.
Oh I do your the expert :) Looking through your pics now its obvious she is, by the way they are looking amazing! The males are so colourful.

Old 21st November 2014   #48 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

She's lovely! If ever she'd like a boyfriend let me know, I have a young adult male who would be a perfect partner for her I'm sure! :)

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014   #49 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinadog View Post
She's lovely! If ever she'd like a boyfriend let me know, I have a young adult male who would be a perfect partner for her I'm sure! :)
Thanks :) She did have a partner years ago but sadly he died had some sort of illness was gutted SICK Cynops Pyrrhogaster :(.

Very tempted if they are the same size can you pm me with details please as have been looking at getting her a friend :) Thanks

Old 21st November 2014   #50 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Here he is! :) Pm sent.
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_5054.jpg  

Old 21st November 2014   #51 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Here he is! :) Pm sent.
oooooo

Old 21st November 2014   #52 (permalink)

Nationality:

Here's some snaps of his mum, dad and brother so you can get an idea what he'll look like once he's fully grown up!
I keep bumping this thread hoping some other pyrrho keepers will post some of their snaps, they're very underrated as a species imo, and really do make ideal pets, so come on AuSu, Redear and everyone else who has them, Lets promote them because CB pyrrho's really are a viable alternative to sick petstore H. orientalis!
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_5908.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_5923.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_5699.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_5839.jpg  

Old 21st November 2014   #53 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Ben they are amazing thanks for the piccies and loving the tank set up :)

Old 22nd November 2014   #54 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: AuSu has given good advice and informationAuSu has given good advice and information

Hi! Just found this thread, lovely guys! I'll add some pics here soon since I get to computer. I just love them :)

AuSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014   #55 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: AuSu has given good advice and informationAuSu has given good advice and information

Still phone but I'll try now with one pic...these two are from the trio I got from an ex-hobbyist this autumn, male is the smallest and female the largest of the whole group of five. Great creatures :)
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-wp_20141116_09_49_22_pro.jpg  

Old 24th November 2014   #56 (permalink)

Nationality:

Some more pics...first there is one of girls that I was supposed to take a pic while deeply asleep. Well, she heard me crawling back the glass I guess Then, the smaller guy getting his colors. Another guys back leg - one of the many things I like in their looks are those big feet :) The fourth photo is, again, not so good quality butI I put it in here too to see the difference between male and female tails. These are the darkest ones put pic still lies the colours (except the dirty glass...). This female is another of those two I got first, she's the most skinny of all but healthy with good appetite. The male is from the trio I got later and he's big and fat :)
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-wp_20140824_09_25_59_pro.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-wp_20140914_14_27_07_pro.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-wp_20140914_14_55_07_pro.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-wp_20140914_18_04_43_pro.jpg  

Old 25th November 2014   #57 (permalink)

Nationality:

I like their long toes as well. I did have a theory that the older, longer lived sasayama males had longer toes so they would be at an advantage in the breeding season. My thoughts being long toes would make it easier for them to hang on to females while tail fanning. However, my two other males that are only just mature have longer toes than their dad does, so that's pretty much proved me completely wrong!

Old 6th December 2014   #58 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

So on Friday I received my lovely male newt from Ben/Chinadog (Ben once again thanks so much) and I am chuffed to bits with him!! My female (from Eva/Evut) has taken to him already and both are getting along just fine, so here I go with just a few piccies ......
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-n1.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-n2.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-n4.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-n5.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-n6.jpg  

Pyrrho pride parade.-n7.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-n8.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-n9.jpg  

Old 6th December 2014   #59 (permalink)

Nationality:

You're very welcome. Looks like he's happy with his new girlfriend, I bet it won't be long before there's eggs. ;)

Old 6th December 2014   #60 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

They are already side by side most of the time thanks again was worried about introducing another newt to her but despite watching them like hawks they have been fine. He also took a worm no problem last night so delivery obviously did not stress him out :)

Quote:
You're very welcome. Looks like he's happy with his new girlfriend, I bet it won't be long before there's eggs.

LinkBack