The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Pyrrho pride parade.

This is a discussion on Pyrrho pride parade. within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; How strange lol. Garfield is so bold and nothing from hands, syphon anything going in the tank phases her but ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th April 2015   #81 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Pyrrho pride parade.

How strange lol. Garfield is so bold and nothing from hands, syphon anything going in the tank phases her but he's a different matter but as I say getting better just makes me laugh that I have to chase him to give him his food

2 Cynops Pyrrhogaster, 2 Bearded Dragons (Oz & Taz), 1 Sunglow Boa Constrictor (Xia), 1 Cornsnake (Zeus), 1 Crested Gecko (Blaze), 1 Leopard Gecko (Iridessa), 3 Mice (Nibbles, Patches & Ditsy) & 1 Jackahuahua (Basil)
zoezakella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015   #82 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 2
Rep: frogman has given consistently good advice and informationfrogman has given consistently good advice and informationfrogman has given consistently good advice and information

All these little guys are so cute!

frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015   #83 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: AuSu has given good advice and informationAuSu has given good advice and information

It seems that they only had a short pause here, too, and now at least the smaller male is around the ladies again!
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-wp_20150418_18_57_13_pro.jpg  

AuSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015   #84 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

Old photos but I don't think I've ever posted them here.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015   #85 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Happy, healthy looking pyrrhos, they look like the same race as mine.
Is the old male with the broken jaw still around? I bet he would have some tales to tell if he could speak! :)

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015   #86 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

Yeah, he's still going strong. The original wild caught pair belonged to Jesper who was a Swedish member here when I originally joined the forum. They came from Sweden to the UK when he moved here for work so they are well travelled. Two have become ten since I've had them although they do like to eat their own eggs so it's amazing any survive

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2015   #87 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Here we go again. Just as the very last juvenile from last year has found a home the egg laying starts. The adults have been quite inactive for the last month or so, but the temp has dropped by a few degrees and they've gone nuts!
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_7899.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_7898.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_7929.jpg  

Old 18th September 2015   #88 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: BwKilcoyne is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always loved this species. This was my first siecies if newt I had. Unfortunately the newt I got had a fungal infection and ended up dying, but he did inspire a great interest in these creatures that led to the many species I have now. At some point I want to keep this species again, although I do have Sword Tail newts now.

BwKilcoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015   #89 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 132
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Chinadog, any updates?

Old 7th October 2015   #90 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 132
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Oh, sorry, didn't read who started the thread. I would still love updates though!

Old 8th October 2015   #91 (permalink)

Nationality:

He he, I seem to have inherited it from Azhael, I'll see what i can do. ;-):-)

Old 8th October 2015   #92 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: Rupert has shown reliable knowledgeRupert has shown reliable knowledge

Just wanted to drop a line of appreciation to everyone who contributed in the thread: Thank you for posting, and more importantly thanks for preserving the species in the hobby!

Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015   #93 (permalink)

Nationality:

I thought I'd add a few recent snaps now they have gone into full on breeding mode. Its my F1 male's second breeding season and he's gone almost completely blue! It normally takes a camera flash to bring out the iridophores (sp) but not with him. I've noticed quite a few captive bred pyrrhos that are very blue, I wonder if the lack of red pigment makes the blue brighter? He looks nothing like his parents at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_8411.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_8400.jpg   Pyrrho pride parade.-sam_8335.jpg  

Old 29th October 2015   #94 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: CatSpit has given good advice and informationCatSpit has given good advice and information

Love the colours!! I miss my 'big old guy" and his breeding colours. I'll just have to live vicariously through your photos...keep them coming!

CatSpit is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack