The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My Marbled Newt (Triturus marmoratus)

This is a discussion on My Marbled Newt (Triturus marmoratus) within the Photo & Video Gallery forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; Hi everyone, again! Probably not going to or going to be able to upload any more photos than this of ...

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By TylototritonGuy
  • 1 Post By erik3333
  • 1 Post By Sawyer
  • 1 Post By GraffLife
  • 1 Post By Zhinigami

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default My Marbled Newt (Triturus marmoratus)

Hi everyone, again!

Probably not going to or going to be able to upload any more photos than this of my collection.

Anyway, got myself a little juvenile Marbled Newt (T.marmoratus) the other day as it was on his own in the shop. So, will end up buying some more of these this year too (The list is endless now!)

Bit of information about the species: They originate from parts of France, Spain and Portugal and has been evaluated as "Least Concern" by the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species in 2004.

Here is the little guy! (Ignore the Sphagnum moss, its what i took him home in from the shop!) ©
Click the image to open in full size.

And another©:

And one last photo! lol ©:

Anyway, thank you for looking at my thread!! :)

Tyloguy

P.S Please do not use my photos without permission, as one or two people have tried passing off photos as their own.

"Madagascar is an unrepeatable experiment, a set of animals and plants evolving in isolation for over 60 million years. We're still trying to unravel its mysteries. How tragic it would be if we lost it before we even understood it." — David Attenborough
TylototritonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: erik3333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Marbled Newt (Triturus marmoratus)

Really nice specimen, stunning colours.

erik3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Sawyer has started on the right path

Man they are just gorgeous.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: GraffLife has shown reliable knowledge

Very great newt....compliments!!

you take him in an acquatic or terrestrial setup?

1.1 Pleurodeles Waltl, 0.1 Axolotl, 1.1 Ambystoma Mavortium, 0.0.2 Tylototriton Shanjing
GraffLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Zhinigami is an unknown quantity at this point

i got to say i love your newts colour! it looks very healthy too so congratiulations :) !

Zhinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: TylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your really kind comments! :) I must admit he is a particularly stunning individual, just a shame he was on his own with no others for sale!

GraffLife - I originally gave him a 50/50 Semi -aquatic QT/ISO set-up (even though I know they are more terrestrial when younger). However after a while I was noticing that he was never entering the water (I was paying more attention to the lack of substrate particles that would be left over in the water). So, now I keep him Terrestrial with a water bowl as a option :) But like I said he rarely enters the water bowl even and is very happy and feeding perfectly!

"Madagascar is an unrepeatable experiment, a set of animals and plants evolving in isolation for over 60 million years. We're still trying to unravel its mysteries. How tragic it would be if we lost it before we even understood it." — David Attenborough
Old 23rd January 2013   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: GraffLife has shown reliable knowledge

Thank you

1.1 Pleurodeles Waltl, 0.1 Axolotl, 1.1 Ambystoma Mavortium, 0.0.2 Tylototriton Shanjing
GraffLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Zhinigami is an unknown quantity at this point

well if i would be in your shoes i would definitly search for a preddy lady to keep him company :)!

Zhinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Thumbs up Re: My Marbled Newt (Triturus marmoratus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraffLife View Post
Thank you
Not a problem!! lol

Tags
triturus, triturus marmoratus

LinkBack