The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Resizing images

This is a discussion on Resizing images within the Photo Discussion forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; A question regarding resizing photos: These come out of the camera at 2272 x 1704 and i need to make ...

Photo Discussion Discuss your photographic technique. Lighting conditions, apertures, shutter speeds, camera types, digital and film. Also any equipment discussion should go here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2005   #1 (permalink)
mark

Gallery Images:
Comments:

A question regarding resizing photos: These come out of the camera at 2272 x 1704 and i need to make them smaller - to around 640 x 480. However when i do so the quality is visibly reduced and the pictures look quite bad. I was using Microsoft Photo Premium and left resolution at 72dpi. Any ideas?

heres an example - the middle two photos highlight it best.

http://www.caudata.org/forum/message...tml?1111343876

Thanks!

Old 1st August 2005   #2 (permalink)
henk

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Well Mark, i just found this post and see you didn't get a reply. Here's a resizer I found at the web and which works well

http://www.bome.com/tools/resizer/

I downloaded it for free now about 2 years ago (by then it was totally free) .

Old 23rd February 2008   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Spongiform has started on the right path

I normally use digital image editing software - I personally prefer Photoshop. I'll cut out the unnessicary stuff in the image then optimize for web useage. I usually go ahead and resize within photoshop if needed.

Then for forum uses I'll upload to imageshack (www.**************) and link from there (saves the websites' bandwidth). Imageshack has resizing options as well although I don't normally use them.

Spongiform is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, resizing

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 4th October 2017, 04:20 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack