The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Nikon D90 or Pentax K20

This is a discussion on Nikon D90 or Pentax K20 within the Photo Discussion forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; Hi there, I`m looking for an advice because I just can`t decide which way to choose. cheers j....

Photo Discussion Discuss your photographic technique. Lighting conditions, apertures, shutter speeds, camera types, digital and film. Also any equipment discussion should go here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2008   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 82
Comments: 8
Rep: juraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Nikon D90 or Pentax K20

Hi there,
I`m looking for an advice because I just can`t decide which way to choose.
cheers
j.

juraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: sergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Nikon D90 or Pentax K20

It all depends on what you will do. For me Pentax was a logical choice as I already had analoog Pentax camera's and I can still use all those lenses for my digital Pentax. So if you want to work with different lenses (and use second hand analoog lenses like macro or tele which saves you a lot of money instead of buying new ones) you could take Pentax. I don't know if Nikon garantees the working of old lenses.
I have an older version: Pentax IstDs but I am very happy with it.

sergé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: blckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Nikon D90 or Pentax K20

I have a pentax k10d and I love it. I find it is fairly easy to use. Plus I like the built in image stabilization, dust and weather sealing, and the fact that you can pick up old lenses that you could use.

blckkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d90, k20, nikon, pentax

LinkBack