The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Thinking of buying new camera.

This is a discussion on Thinking of buying new camera. within the Photo Discussion forums, part of the Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, Technique and Discussion category; With christmas getting close, ive thinking its time to change cameras. Mine is just too old to take trully good ...

Photo Discussion Discuss your photographic technique. Lighting conditions, apertures, shutter speeds, camera types, digital and film. Also any equipment discussion should go here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2009   #1 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Thinking of buying new camera.

With christmas getting close, ive thinking its time to change cameras.
Mine is just too old to take trully good photos...plus my skills are nonexistent.

I was hoping someone could give me a few pointers on which type of camera to acquire. Im not looking for anything fancy....just something decent enough to take quality photos, with a good macro. I ignore how much a good camera usually goes for...but im on a tight budget so im looking for something affordable.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 27
Rep: eljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Thinking of buying new camera.

Hey Rodrigo. I do have a Canon EOS400D witch is a very nice camera at my eyes. I bought it for a reasonable price around 600 at 2 or 3 years. But just like you i fell prepared to the next step and I am going to deal a Canon 7D witch is one of the most recent models being the body it self 1400 plus at least 200+ for a reasonable lens. Of course things aren't truly easy and I am going to sell my EOS Canon 400D for around 300. You could get a new one for almost the same price like 400 or so. And I advise you that. Because its a wonderful camera having 10.1 Million pixels; anti noise system, moderate ISO speed as well as other very nice features. I have took "Epic" shots with it, that i will keep for many years... When you got the touch on it, you take wonderful shots! Be sure of it! And the price is very nice as well! If you could be a little fancy a Canon 7D would be the extasy
18.1 Million pictures; Mg body, Amazing video recorder but thousands of lovely things
Cheers,

eljorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 1
Rep: Toptex has started on the right path
Default Re: Thinking of buying new camera.

Hi Azhael.
I have a digital Panasonic DMC-TZ15 (bought it on ebay) and am really happy with it. Ive had it about a year now and it really does take a nice pic. It has a 10x optical. I think I paid about AUD$250.00.

LinkBack