The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Interesting T. verrucosus baby.

This is a discussion on Interesting T. verrucosus baby. within the Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I keep seeing this baby from time to time in the T. verr tank and I've been trying to get ...

Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... Two popular genera of Asian newts, the crocodile newts are diverse of habit, habitat, and appearance. The Mandarin or Emperor Newt, Tylototriton shanjing, is highly sought after.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Chinadog
  • 1 Post By Chinadog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Interesting T. verrucosus baby.

I keep seeing this baby from time to time in the T. verr tank and I've been trying to get a pic for ages. Obviously not an albino, but it seems very sparkly and white, it also has bright pink gills instead of the usual brownish purple.
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting T. verrucosus baby.-sam_0371.jpg   Interesting T. verrucosus baby.-sam_0369.jpg   Interesting T. verrucosus baby.-sam_0368.jpg  

Last edited by Chinadog; 28th July 2016 at 15:53. Reason: missed a word
Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: AmbystoMan has given consistently good advice and informationAmbystoMan has given consistently good advice and informationAmbystoMan has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Interesting T. verrucosus baby.

interresting indeed,

I think Bellabeloo got one of this kind months ago...?
AmbystoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

That's what I thought, I keep trying to see if it has tiny feet like Julia's!

Last edited by Chinadog; 28th July 2016 at 15:55.
Old 28th July 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Looks interesting :)
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: tipnatee has shown reliable knowledge

Adorable!!!
tipnatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: AuSu has given good advice and informationAuSu has given good advice and information

Is the one back (in second picture) a usual colour?
AuSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSu View Post
Is the one back (in second picture) a usual colour?
Yes, it's a light coloured normal larvae. They seem to vary from quite dark, almost black, to a light speckled sandy brown depending on the colour of the substrate they are on.
It could be that the very light one turns out to be a normal one as well, the thing that made me think it could be different is the sparkly irridophores on its tail fin, I haven't seen any babies with that before.
Old 30th July 2016   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: mr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I think this one will stay neotenic and darken up as it grows , I've had several like this and normally refuse to morph until nearly adult
mr cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote