The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Male shanjing behaviour

This is a discussion on Male shanjing behaviour within the Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; so ok-the girls dont want to go into water yet-despite being very plump and appealing to the boys, ive got ...

Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... Two popular genera of Asian newts, the crocodile newts are diverse of habit, habitat, and appearance. The Mandarin or Emperor Newt, Tylototriton shanjing, is highly sought after.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2005   #1 (permalink)
paris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

so ok-the girls dont want to go into water yet-despite being very plump and appealing to the boys, ive got 2-3 boys in the water at a time-i cleared a big area out in the water so they could see each other and have room to dance-but right now only the boys seem willing to dance...Click the image to open in full size.
they swim around the bottom and check everything out..
Click the image to open in full size.
..even me.....Click the image to open in full size.
here are 2 girls getting interested in what the males are doing below....
stick 2 boys in front of each other and they behave like dogs -got to check each other out....
then they do this.......
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
no real aggression-and not 'snout to vent' waltzing, just to about each others shoulders. it can go on for about 2 or so turns, sometimes they raise and twitch an arm or two like i have seen some lizards do, if i drop a female in its different-but they dont want anything much to do with the boys yet and so they just leave the water....

Tags
behaviour, male, shanjing

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7 (Set)

audrey, dajne, frogman, ksc133, loga, Stark, troutnerd
LinkBack