The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Male shanjing

This is a discussion on Male shanjing within the Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; my new male shanjing: Special thanks to Mike Shrom, and some spetacular good luck at the pittsburgh show this morning....

Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... Two popular genera of Asian newts, the crocodile newts are diverse of habit, habitat, and appearance. The Mandarin or Emperor Newt, Tylototriton shanjing, is highly sought after.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2004   #1 (permalink)
ira

Gallery Images:
Comments:

my new male shanjing:

Click the image to open in full size.

Special thanks to Mike Shrom, and some spetacular good luck at the pittsburgh show this morning.
Old 5th September 2004   #2 (permalink)
mark

Gallery Images:
Comments:

That's a very coloured specimen.
Very beautiful.

Greetings
~Mark
Old 6th September 2004   #3 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Hi Ira,
Talk about serendipity, It was neat to see a guy in a Caudata.org show today. It was weird that the Tylototriton showed up right after you asked about one.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2004   #4 (permalink)
ira

Gallery Images:
Comments:

you'll be happy to know he is doing great too. he ate two wax worms as soon as i got him into his quarentine tank.
Old 9th September 2004   #5 (permalink)
ira

Gallery Images:
Comments:

update on new newt:

What a personable little guy, he saw me cutting up the night crawlers next to his quarentine tank and he just sat there like an expectant dog. didnt even run and hide when i opend the lid on his tank. he just walked over and took the earth worm right out of my hands, and is now sitting ontop of his hid looking at me like "hey bud, where is the rest?!"

Tags
male, shanjing

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 17th June 2017, 11:20 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.