The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus

This is a discussion on My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus within the Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; This is my new female Tylototriton shanjing and she is very well now ~ And there is a Undescribed species ...

Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... Two popular genera of Asian newts, the crocodile newts are diverse of habit, habitat, and appearance. The Mandarin or Emperor Newt, Tylototriton shanjing, is highly sought after.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th July 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: red_dragon has started on the right path
Default My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus

This is my new female Tylototriton shanjing and she is very well now ~

And there is a Undescribed species of croc newt and it should be a new subspecies of Tylototriton asperrimus~

and there is some of my newts~~~And those larvaes is Tylototriton asperrimus~~
Attached Thumbnails
My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus-1.jpg   My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus-2.jpg   My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus-3.jpg   My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus-4.jpg   My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus-5.jpg  

My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus-6.jpg   My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus-7.jpg   My Tylototriton shanjing and New Subspicies of T. asperrimus-33.jpg  

Last edited by John; 11th July 2007 at 16:35. Reason: Expanded Turbo's species names
red_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Rep: echino12 has started on the right path

Nice photos, it seems you have several different tylototriton. Underneath your larvae shot seems to be T.vietnamensis, underneath that a female E.andersoni in water, and the darker "emaciated" form probably is vietnamensis as well in my experience....which has already been described.
May I ask if you collected these yourself or prurchased them at a shop?

echino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: red_dragon has started on the right path

It isn't T.vietnamensis for the dark/ black croc newt and the one in the water.
Because they are both from China.

I can say they are similar, but they aren't

Last edited by red_dragon; 9th July 2007 at 15:51.
red_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Rep: echino12 has started on the right path

Yes ,I understand the one in water is not vietnamensis, it looks like a Echinotriton andersoni female :)
It is possible vietnamensis are also found in southern china given that they occur in northern vietnam. There has already been talk of a darker northern subspecies of vietnamensis.
Do you know where they came from in China?? Did you collect these yourself??

Very interesting pictures!

echino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: franceschino is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgfranceschino is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgfranceschino is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgfranceschino is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgfranceschino is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgfranceschino is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Turbo
could you please write the species name correctly? Not everyone in the forum knows that for T.S. you meant Tylototriton shanjing. For example I didn't understand what you meant for T.A. Was it Tylototriton asperrimus? If you coluld write the whole word at least for the species it would help many people that are not tylototriton experts to understand what you're talking about.
Cheers
Francesco

franceschino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: newtron has started on the right path

Turbo, how did you acquire these? Did you collect them yourself or did you purchase them through a buyer? i am very intrigued by the first foto, it doesnt look like a shanjing nor does it look like a verrocous.

newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I really enjoyed looking at these photos as well Turbo, especially the odd color variations. I also have to ask - did you find these yourself or did you purchase them?
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asperrimus, crocodile newt, shanjing, subspicies, tylototriton, vietnamensis

LinkBack