The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton

This is a discussion on T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton within the Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; When should I feed them after they morph? they have morph for more than a week and they hvn't been ...

Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... Two popular genera of Asian newts, the crocodile newts are diverse of habit, habitat, and appearance. The Mandarin or Emperor Newt, Tylototriton shanjing, is highly sought after.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: red_dragon has started on the right path
Default T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton

When should I feed them after they morph?
they have morph for more than a week and they hvn't been eating~

and there are some more photos for
a black T. kweichowensis,
black T. shanjing ,a high red T. shanjing
,a unknow Tylototriton and one of my T. taliangensis

thank you~
Attached Thumbnails
T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton-dsc03628-medium-.jpg   T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton-dsc03766-medium-.jpg   T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton-dsc03763-medium-.jpg   T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton-dsc03618-medium-.jpg   T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton-dsc03557-small-.jpg  

T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton-dsc03582-medium-.jpg   T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton-dsc03570-medium-.jpg   T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton-dsc03603-medium-.jpg  

red_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jef has started on the right path

wow! that red shanjing like tylototriton is a unique animal,i have never seen a tylo whit that colour pattern.what do you think it is? thanks for sharing those pictures.
gr jef

jef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Turbo,
While I cannot comment on T. asperrimus morphs I can say from current experience that it took my T. kweichowensis about 2.5 to 3 weeks to begin eating again after morphing. I started them on live blackworms. You post pics of some very beautiful and interesting color variations of your various animals. I know that we have ask you this before (I don't think that you ever answered) but did you purchase these animals or collect them yourself?
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: red_dragon has started on the right path

Well, there are few different ways for me to get them, but usually i get them from shop.

The reason why i can alway get some special animals is because very few people in Hong Kong are keeping Tylototriton. but there has more than 5000 Tylototriton in Hong Kong animal trading market each year, 90% of Tylototriton & Echinotriton which is in oversea are from Hong Kong. (inculding Japan, USA and Europe )

and i am usually the first one to get them before it goes to other countries, it means that i can search some special colour and healthy Tylototriton .

Last edited by red_dragon; 14th August 2007 at 20:47.
red_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Wow, 5000 salamanders are a lot animals to be removed from the wild. I realize of course that this is not a new problem but it reinforces even more so the need to get some stable breeding populations going in captivity. Being in the unique position that you are you should really continue to make every effort to breed your animals. Congratulations on the asperrimus by the way. Thanks again for sharing.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: timo_h has started on the right path
Default Re: T. asperrimus morph and some of my Tylototriton

Dear Turbo,

have you taken any photos of T. asperrimus at their larval stage? Would be great to see them. Perhaps I only have to look for older threads in this forum to get some pictures of T. asperrimus larvae?!?!

Best wishes

Timo

timo_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asperrimus, morph, tylototriton

LinkBack