The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!

This is a discussion on Eddie & Elektra lay eggs! within the Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Feel free to PM me but I think there's a lot of luck involved. I am unable, despite trying, to ...

Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... Two popular genera of Asian newts, the crocodile newts are diverse of habit, habitat, and appearance. The Mandarin or Emperor Newt, Tylototriton shanjing, is highly sought after.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2011   #101 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!

Feel free to PM me but I think there's a lot of luck involved. I am unable, despite trying, to raise shanjing.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016   #102 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Although Elektra is gone, her daughters Helen and Princess Leia live on. In all my years of raising T verr, today I saw something I never saw before. Princess Leia laid a STRING of eggs! Actually, she laid two strings! In the past they have only laid individual eggs. Wow!
Attached Thumbnails
Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!-img_0099sm.jpg   Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!-img_0103sm.jpg   Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!-img_0105sm.jpg   Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!-img_0105smr.jpg   Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!-img_0107sm.jpg  

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Old 4th July 2016   #103 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TiaW is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! Do you think you'll be putting some of the eggs up for sale again? I would love to be the first in line lol: D

TiaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016   #104 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

These eggs don't seem to travel well.

Old 4th July 2016   #105 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterwoman View Post
Although Elektra is gone, her daughters Helen and Princess Leia live on. In all my years of raising T verr, today I saw something I never saw before. Princess Leia laid a STRING of eggs! Actually, she laid two strings! In the past they have only laid individual eggs. Wow!
I've noticed some of my females lay eggs in strings. Not always though, like yours, they normally lay them one at a time.

Tylototriton verrucosus twins!

Chinadog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016   #106 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Here's another long string of eggs that were laid last night, I don't know if it's the same female that lays the strings, or if they will all do it under certain conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!-sam_0364.jpg   Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!-sam_0365.jpg   Eddie & Elektra lay eggs!-sam_0366.jpg  

Old 26th July 2016   #107 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: French Hal is an unknown quantity at this point

Waou, amazing! Do you know under which conditions they can lay their eggs this way? Never seen that before..

French Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016   #108 (permalink)

Nationality:

I'm afraid not, but it seems more likely when females have been gravid for long periods before laying. The adults will breed sporadically all year round, but actual egg laying seems to be triggered to lay by changing temperature, usually falling rather than rising, but there might be more to it than that.

Tags
eddie, eggs, elektra, lay

LinkBack