The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Alpine Apuana rebuild

This is a discussion on Alpine Apuana rebuild within the Eurasian Newts (Triturus, former Triturus, Calotriton & Euproctus).. forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Today I moved my group of apuanas from a 10 gal to a 15 long. They hatched last April and ...

Eurasian Newts (Triturus, former Triturus, Calotriton & Euproctus).. Triturus and its relatives (Ichthyosaura/Mesotriton, Lissotriton, and Ommatotriton) are a diverse and widespread group of newts. While mainly European, several species can be found in the Near and Middle East. Euproctus, the brook newts, are confined to Corsica and Sardinia.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By shnabo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 0
Rep: shnabo has given good advice and informationshnabo has given good advice and information
Default Alpine Apuana rebuild

Today I moved my group of apuanas from a 10 gal to a 15 long. They hatched last April and are pretty much adults now/ need a little extra space to fill out and hopefully breed this winter. I also noticed one of them has a growth defect in its skull, it didn't develop properly(last pic). It has a lot of character and moves/ eats fine, but I will likely exclude it from the group during breeding season.
Attached Thumbnails
Alpine Apuana rebuild-img_6492.jpg   Alpine Apuana rebuild-img_6601.jpg   Alpine Apuana rebuild-img_6535.jpg   Alpine Apuana rebuild-img_6514.jpg   Alpine Apuana rebuild-img_6439.jpg  

shnabo is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack