The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Triturus cristatus

This is a discussion on Triturus cristatus within the Eurasian Newts (Triturus, former Triturus, Calotriton & Euproctus).. forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hi i should be receiving my first batch of eggs for this species shortly. apparently no paperwork is necessary however ...

Eurasian Newts (Triturus, former Triturus, Calotriton & Euproctus).. Triturus and its relatives (Ichthyosaura/Mesotriton, Lissotriton, and Ommatotriton) are a diverse and widespread group of newts. While mainly European, several species can be found in the Near and Middle East. Euproctus, the brook newts, are confined to Corsica and Sardinia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2007   #1 (permalink)
christopher

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi i should be receiving my first batch of eggs for this species shortly. apparently no paperwork is necessary however i would like some sort of proof that they are captive bred. as far as i'm aware no certificate comes with the eggs so how could i go about doing this?

Chris

Old 24th April 2007   #2 (permalink)
sergé

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Well, I don't know all the laws in different countries very well, but I know that T. cristatus is strictly protected.

So the one giving you eggs should write down that they have been captive bred with his full name and adres, perhaps even a copy of his passport just to be sure. If you get them from someone within the EU he or she, should also be able to show that the adult animals have been legally obtained, if not, I would not take them and this person is doing illegal business. This in fact is also the case for all other Crested newts cases.

Old 24th April 2007   #3 (permalink)
ian

Gallery Images:
Comments:

hi Serqe..the man Chris is getting them off is a registered breeder so he should have no problems obtaining proof..

Tags
cristatus, triturus

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 23 (Set)

albatross55, bangadrum, enricolatiano, Ezequiel Nahuel, Finleyaxolotl, Ian T, jewett, Lee31, LeFarge, LeV, nilo22, Pedro Oliveira, Peter Parrot, Quetzacoatl, raptor86, Rayliberty, Shadow, skyler, snak3s, Sparviter, stavroske, tmarquette, trochanter
LinkBack