The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Pictures of T. cristatus larvae

This is a discussion on Pictures of T. cristatus larvae within the Eurasian Newts (Triturus, former Triturus, Calotriton & Euproctus).. forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; So I shipped out all my eggs but the two that hatched before shipping time, and sadly enough they are ...

Eurasian Newts (Triturus, former Triturus, Calotriton & Euproctus).. Triturus and its relatives (Ichthyosaura/Mesotriton, Lissotriton, and Ommatotriton) are a diverse and widespread group of newts. While mainly European, several species can be found in the Near and Middle East. Euproctus, the brook newts, are confined to Corsica and Sardinia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 0
Rep: audrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Pictures of T. cristatus larvae

So I shipped out all my eggs but the two that hatched before shipping time, and sadly enough they are the only ones that made it.
But yesterday I was looking in the adult's tank and found another little guy already an inch long!
They are growing well, getting fat :)
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-t.crislucky.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-t.cristatus1st.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-t.crisfatty.jpg  
audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Looking good. Keep up the great work!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: audrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default some recent photos

they're getting big!
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-crislarva241.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-crislarva242.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-crislarva243.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-crislarva244.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-crislarva824.jpg  

Old 5th September 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 6
Rep: eldaldo has given consistently good advice and informationeldaldo has given consistently good advice and informationeldaldo has given consistently good advice and informationeldaldo has given consistently good advice and information

Those look great! It reminds me of when was doing the same thing last year . . . with the brine shrimp hatchery on my desk . . . and the tupperware containers with java moss . . . it was a great time! Good luck!
eldaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: blckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and information

Those guys are looking great. Nice pics!!!
blckkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Very nice, Audrey
Old 11th September 2007   #7 (permalink)
KJ
(kj1)
Salamandra Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: kj1 has started on the right path

Really nice photos, well done :)
Old 12th September 2007   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Default Almost have my first morph!

Well they are getting big! The oldest one's gills are shrinking and I found him out on land the other day. The second one lost a gill in a little tiff with one of his siblings but is doing fine. (they are all living separately now!) The smallest one is a fatty! Pretty cute!
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-biggestlarvat.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-misagil.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-porker.jpg   Pictures of T. cristatus larvae-porker2.jpg  

Tags
cristatus, larvae, pictures