The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

My Cynops ensicauda ensicauda mass success

This is a discussion on My Cynops ensicauda ensicauda mass success within the Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hey :) I would like to share my success with my C.e.ensicauda breeding this year! Around Christmas the female started ...

Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) Perhaps the most famous and frequently bred newts in captivity, the fire-bellied newts and sword-tail newts are well known throughout the world as being excellent, gregarious captives.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By newtlord
  • 1 Post By Chinadog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: newtlord has started on the right path
Default My Cynops ensicauda ensicauda mass success

Hey :) I would like to share my success with my C.e.ensicauda breeding this year!
Around Christmas the female started laying eggs and so far not a single larva has died. However, they begin to show signs of territorial behaviour, so I have to give them even bigger tanks. How do you guys solve this problem?
1. Gravid female laying eggs and Male with a beginning breeding colour
2. larvae

Greetings
Sylvester
Attached Thumbnails
My Cynops ensicauda ensicauda mass success-newts1.jpg   My Cynops ensicauda ensicauda mass success-newts2.jpg  
Old 1 Week Ago   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: My Cynops ensicauda ensicauda mass success

Great job! Unless you can provide more space, you might just have to let nature take its course.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: My Cynops ensicauda ensicauda mass success

Congratulations on your success! Its nice to see someone keeping the nominate form rather than the more usual C. e popei.
Have you tried piling extra food in with the larvae? The C. pyrrhogaster larvae I raise get pretty snappy when they're hungry, but extra Daphnia or bloodworms usually keeps them placid.
Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breeding, cynops, cynops ensicauda, larvae