The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Cynops ensicauda popei

This is a discussion on Cynops ensicauda popei within the Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Does anyone know if they develop more gold flecks after metamorphasis? I have five that just morphed, and only one ...

Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) Perhaps the most famous and frequently bred newts in captivity, the fire-bellied newts and sword-tail newts are well known throughout the world as being excellent, gregarious captives.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2003   #1 (permalink)
aaron

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Does anyone know if they develop more gold flecks after metamorphasis? I have five that just morphed, and only one has a few faint gold spots.

~Aaron
Old 6th June 2003   #2 (permalink)
paul

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi Aaron,

some have this flecks direkt after metamorphosis, other develope flecks within the first year, sometimes within two years.

Paul

(Message edited by Paul_b on June 06, 2003)
Old 6th June 2003   #3 (permalink)
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Mine have been morphed for about 3 months, and they seem to be developing the flecks gradually over that time. However, there are still a couple with no flecks at all, and I suspect they will never have much color.
Old 6th June 2003   #4 (permalink)
aaron

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thanks for the answers. Ok, so there is some hope. Now I won't have to try to sell them off as "rare ungold gold dust newts." Click the image to open in full size.

We'll have to see how they turn out, then.

~Aaron

Tags
cynops, ensicauda, popei

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 27th March 2017, 04:31 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.