The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far

This is a discussion on My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far within the Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I think after a week you would have to see the larva shaping up, probably sooner. If the inside stays ...

Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) Perhaps the most famous and frequently bred newts in captivity, the fire-bellied newts and sword-tail newts are well known throughout the world as being excellent, gregarious captives.

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2011   #41 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 53
Comments: 10
Rep: evut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far

I think after a week you would have to see the larva shaping up, probably sooner. If the inside stays round after a couple of days then it is probably a dud and should be removed before it starts going mouldy.
Have you seen this: Caudata Culture Photo Series - Cynops pyrrhogaster development ?

evut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011   #42 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 6
Rep: enricolatiano has posted a lot of bad advice/info, or has repeatedly behaved in an unacceptable mannerenricolatiano has posted a lot of bad advice/info, or has repeatedly behaved in an unacceptable manner

their belly is stupendous.with thing you have fed the larvas?

enricolatiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011   #43 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: evut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Enrico, I fed the larvae 90% artemia, with a tiny proportion of microworms in the beginning and some blood worms when they were bigger.

Old 19th February 2011   #44 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 7
Rep: Molch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by evut View Post
I think after a week you would have to see the larva shaping up, probably sooner. If the inside stays round after a couple of days then it is probably a dud and should be removed before it starts going mouldy.
Have you seen this: Caudata Culture Photo Series - Cynops pyrrhogaster development ?
thanks Eva- yeah, I think they're all duds. Sad. There sure wasn't any lack of courtship, but maybe Mr. Eager Beaver is shooting blanks...

I'm gonna go into the corner and cry now

Molch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011   #45 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: RobM is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgRobM is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgRobM is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgRobM is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgRobM is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgRobM is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molch View Post
I'm gonna go into the corner and cry now
Don't give up Molch! they could still successful breed this year. Perhaps try tinkering with parameters, like increase the amount of light the tank gets and/or decrease temperature then slowly raise it again over a certain time period (use in combo with increase in light too). Basically try to imitate the changing of seasons, it might fool them into breeding again

Old 11th March 2011   #46 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Just a little photo-update on my little pyrrhos.
Attached Thumbnails
My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110214_newts_002.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110214_newts_003.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110214_newts_004.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110214_newts_011.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110214_newts_012.jpg  

My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110216_newts_004.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110216_newts_005.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110303_newts_001.jpg  

Old 11th March 2011   #47 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

And 2 more:
Attached Thumbnails
My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110309_newts.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110306_newts_003.jpg  

Old 11th March 2011   #48 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Lovely pictures Eva...love the markings on number 5

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011   #49 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

The parents didn't wait very long before mating again...
Here are some photos of the newer newtlets. These two guys were raised on a diet of ostracods and apart from lacking red colouration, they seem to be doing well so far. Next time I will definitely try gutloading the ostracods with some carotene rich foods to see if it would work.
Attached Thumbnails
My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110616_newts_001.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110616_newts_012.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110616_newts_013.jpg  

Old 17th June 2011   #50 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

These little ones are very attractive, in the flesh the colour is gorgeous.

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011   #51 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

I caught one of my little newtlets stuck to the wall of the enclosure like this the other day. It seemed comfortable in this position...
Attached Thumbnails
My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110625_newts_008.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110625_newts_010.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-110625_newts_006.jpg  

Old 4th July 2011   #52 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Molch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I think that one will want to be a gymnast when he grows up :)

Old 4th July 2011   #53 (permalink)
Asian Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 1
Rep: Joost is a mainstay of Caudata.orgJoost is a mainstay of Caudata.orgJoost is a mainstay of Caudata.orgJoost is a mainstay of Caudata.orgJoost is a mainstay of Caudata.orgJoost is a mainstay of Caudata.orgJoost is a mainstay of Caudata.org

The first 2 pics are like an illusion, or I don't focus right? Nice pics!!!

Old 11th July 2011   #54 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: grius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

That look kind a strange hehe. Many nice pyrros from your breeding, and very good pbhotos as i allready have mentioned.

grius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011   #55 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Just a little update:
The oldest newt became aquatic a while ago, almost exactly a year after metamorphosis. He'll be joining his parents soon. The rest are still on land.
Attached Thumbnails
My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-111014_newts_005.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-111014_newts_021.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-111014_newts_025.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-111014_newts_012.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-111014_newts_018.jpg  

My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-111014_newts_010.jpg  

Old 17th February 2012   #56 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Here's some new pictures of my first newt baby (He's the one with almost no black spots on his belly from my previous posts). He is nearly the size of the older males and recently also developed a lot of blue colouration.

I kept records for him:
- 17/07/2010 hatched
- 07/09/2010 metamorphosis
- 22/08/2011 returned to water

Unfortunately he doesn't pose for photos very well.
Attached Thumbnails
My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-111019_newts_009.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-111024_newts_039.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-120105_newts.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-120121_newts_001.jpg   My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-120126_newts_005.jpg  

My first C. pyrrhogaster offspring so far-120128_newts.jpg  

Old 17th February 2012   #57 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I love your pictures, its like watching my own animals on summer vacation somewhere else with better lighting

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012   #58 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

awesome pics! I love the last one; great colors there of purple, blue, orange, yellow...

Old 18th April 2012   #59 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 8
Rep: newtkidontheblock has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

Can i have two can u shiP to Minnesota

newtkidontheblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012   #60 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Hey Eva,
I'm getting my first morphing pyrhh-lings now! They were raised primarily on Daphnia and blackworms. How exactly did you keep them after morphing? The photos from your setup suggest they were in shallow water with rocks and no soil? Did they feed under water or on land?

LinkBack