The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Cynops cyanurus setup

This is a discussion on Cynops cyanurus setup within the Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Here are some pictures of my first attempt at a full fledged Cynops cyanurus setup. I was doing a water ...

Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) Perhaps the most famous and frequently bred newts in captivity, the fire-bellied newts and sword-tail newts are well known throughout the world as being excellent, gregarious captives.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Willlis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: Willlis has given consistently good advice and informationWilllis has given consistently good advice and informationWilllis has given consistently good advice and information
Default Cynops cyanurus setup

Here are some pictures of my first attempt at a full fledged Cynops cyanurus setup. I was doing a water change and decided to take some pictures. I would love to get your thoughts. Obviously its going to take some time before the plants fill in some more but I think its fun to watch that happen. The tank is only a week old. The newts seem to approve.

Click the image to open in full size.

Willlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 3
Rep: Scorpion has started on the right path
Default Re: Cynops cyanurus setup

It looks very nice.

Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: mroblivion1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Looks good! It looks similar to a shrimp setup i had, but with a full tank and no wood! :P

mroblivion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 7
Rep: Molch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

nice, but I would add many more plants. You could use floaters such as Elodea or hornwort. The newts will love it and it will help prevent algae outbreaks

Old 2nd May 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Willlis has given consistently good advice and informationWilllis has given consistently good advice and informationWilllis has given consistently good advice and information

If you look in the bottom right corner you will see some elodea sp. but I agree I need to pick up some more plants still. Added some cuttings from an amazon sword tonight and did some changes. I'll post a new picture soon.

Old 12th May 2013   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Well they started laying eggs. I found about 10 in the cage tonight, just not sure if I want to pull and raise them right now. I still have a good 25+ N. kaiseri larvae going plus my I. alpestris look like they are going to lay and I'm still holding out hope for the Tylos. Too many newt babies!

Old 12th May 2013   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 7
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willlis View Post
If you look in the bottom right corner you will see some elodea sp. but I agree I need to pick up some more plants still. Added some cuttings from an amazon sword tonight and did some changes. I'll post a new picture soon.
Looks like the native stuff. Elodea canadensis

Old 13th May 2013   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:

Yes it is the native stuff thanks.

Thought maybe I should put up a FTS, though I really should have cleaned the glass. Oh well I'll try again sometime.

Old 13th May 2013   #9 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Niels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Haha, too many newt babies. Hope they don't have guns in their hands this time.

See you've addes some Pistia stratiotes. Really love those. Congratulations with the eggs!

P.r.schrenckii/L.laoensis/P.deloustali/P.chinensis/P.guangxiensis/Paramesotriton sp (Roter Warzenmolch)/S.lacertina/Triturus macedonicus/T.dobrogicus macrosoma/T. karelinii/C.e.popei/N.viridescens/P.waltl/C.orientalis
Niels D is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack