The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Skittish male

This is a discussion on Skittish male within the Fire Salamanders (Salamandra) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; S.s.terrestris subadult pair female was bulky and eats good, but skinny male doesn't shows any sign of eating. Should I ...

Fire Salamanders (Salamandra) The first salamanders described, this diverse genus of species and subspecies can be found throughout Europe and the Near-East. They are the animals that first come to mind when most people hear the word "salamander".

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: megasquid has started on the right path
Default Skittish male

S.s.terrestris subadult pair

female was bulky and eats good, but skinny male doesn't shows any sign of eating.

Should I separate them and try new feeders?
(female likes slugs and small crickets)
Attached Thumbnails
Skittish male-20150412_230245_hdr.jpg   Skittish male-20150415_002651_hdr.jpg   Skittish male-20150416_185333_hdr.jpg   Skittish male-20150415_002611_hdr.jpg  

megasquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Blackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Skittish male

Hello megasquid, how did you get on? Is your salamander feeding now? I'd be interested in knowing.
I've got some which don't like disturbance and prefer coming out after dark when they think I'm not about. I can't decide if this is due to reverting back to instinct because they are in a 'natural' set up with lots of places to hide or, worryingly, they weren't captive bred in the first place.

Blackbun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salamandra, terrestris

LinkBack