The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Dicamptodon Habitat?

This is a discussion on Dicamptodon Habitat? within the Pacific Giant Salamanders (Dicamptodon) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I've been on this thread a lot, and I keep seeing how everyone goes looking for these guys. However none ...

Pacific Giant Salamanders (Dicamptodon) Found only in the Northwest of the United States of America, the (currently) 4 species of this genus are the largest and heaviest land-living salamanders in the world.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Argus654 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dicamptodon Habitat?

I've been on this thread a lot, and I keep seeing how everyone goes looking for these guys. However none of you guys show pics of them in there natural habitat. I live up north in washington close to the mountains, and snuggled up in some woods. I've found exactly 1 individual in my area woods, a full grow adult between 7"-10" that I kept for a bit to observe "him" and let him go back where I found him.

Basicly what I'm trying to say is...can one of you guys post some pic of them so I can see what there habitat looks like? I really want to find a good spot to go on a herping trip for these guys

Thanks for your time,
Kevin

Old 7th April 2011   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Dicamptodon Habitat?

On this thread, if you scroll down to the ladies with the nets, they were finding dicamp larvae.
http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1173-a...september.html

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Argus654 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterwoman View Post
On this thread, if you scroll down to the ladies with the nets, they were finding dicamp larvae.
http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1173-a...september.html
Well...thank you for that. I guess I missed that one, but I'm glad to see some of the habitat.

Old 8th April 2011   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

There were a few very rocky river beds and they were among the rocks all through the area.

Ah, what wonderful memories that is bringing back.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack