The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Hynobius dunni

This is a discussion on Hynobius dunni within the Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; You are my hero Niels I have this dish and cleverly threw out the box. I put the instructions somewhere ...

Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) This group of Far Eastern salamanders are becoming increasingly popular in captivity, and thanks to the captive breeding efforts of one European hobbyist in particular (you know who I mean), they are becoming easier and easier to acquire.

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2017   #21 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Hynobius dunni

You are my hero Niels
I have this dish and cleverly threw out the box. I put the instructions somewhere safe.....and forgot where it was I tried a few times from memory, but the shrimp are mixed up with the eggs. Now I shall use it correctly and see if the maculatum will like them.

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017   #22 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

I thought I had lost a lot of these through them predating on one another. I would gaze at the bottom of the tank trying to spot them. Night time I would go out with a torch and spot a few as they appear lighter in the dark..... then while picking out some fallen leaves from the surface I found them :) They seem to like lurking near the surface, and there are far more than I thought.
This week I started to think about what i would do when they morph. I was checking out the tub that my adults used and remembered how they would jump and wriggle. There is no way I would be able to fish them out of their current outdoor tank. So I am now starting to scoop out the larger larvae to come into a morphing tub. These are now happily munching small cut earthworms. :) I have no idea how much longer it will take, they are are starting to take on the more greyish colour of juveniles.
Attached Thumbnails
Hynobius dunni-20170610_123642.jpg   Hynobius dunni-20170610_123732.jpg  

Old 11th June 2017   #23 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Niels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Looking good!

P.r.schrenckii/L.laoensis/P.deloustali/P.chinensis/P.guangxiensis/Paramesotriton sp (Roter Warzenmolch)/S.lacertina/Triturus macedonicus/T.dobrogicus macrosoma/T. karelinii/C.e.popei/N.viridescens/P.waltl/C.orientalis
Niels D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017   #24 (permalink)

Nationality:

At last the dunni are starting to put some effort into metamorphosis. This one is close to being on land. I noticed a few are not far off either.
Attached Thumbnails
Hynobius dunni-20170703_183414.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2017   #25 (permalink)

Nationality:

Some of the juveniles :)
Attached Thumbnails
Hynobius dunni-20170723_181555.jpg   Hynobius dunni-20170723_181652.jpg  

LinkBack