The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

H.dunni arrived today :D

This is a discussion on H.dunni arrived today :D within the Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; yeah! Perfect plan then... Dang never tought they were such machines when coming to feeding time lol. I had them ...

Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) This group of Far Eastern salamanders are becoming increasingly popular in captivity, and thanks to the captive breeding efforts of one European hobbyist in particular (you know who I mean), they are becoming easier and easier to acquire.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2011   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 27
Rep: eljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: H.dunni arrived today :D

yeah! Perfect plan then... Dang never tought they were such machines when coming to feeding time lol. I had them as really picky in my mind... Obviously I was wrong

eljorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012   #22 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I just found out i have at least one male :)
If i ever manage to catch the rest in the jungle of doom that is their tank, iīll try to sex them, or at least see where they are at.
Ah, i love this species...i barely see them but when i do i drool like an idiot.

Sorry for the incredibly uninteresting update, but iīm thrilled

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012   #23 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

It seems that i have three males and two possible females :) Iīm not sure of the females yet, time will tell, but iīm rather confident.
Here are a couple of pictures of one of the suspected females and one of the males. They are spending some time in the water recently and finally seem to have figured out how to feed underwater. Itīs amazing how clumsy they have been at it in the past considering how good they are on land.
I like these guys more each day if itīs even possible!
Attached Thumbnails
H.dunni arrived today :D-p1080631.jpg   H.dunni arrived today :D-p1080630.jpg   H.dunni arrived today :D-p1080626.jpg   H.dunni arrived today :D-p1080597.jpg  

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Old 28th February 2012   #24 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Some amazing looking newts and set up there, looks like they have more than settled in

2 Cynops Pyrrhogaster, 2 Bearded Dragons (Oz & Taz), 1 Sunglow Boa Constrictor (Xia), 1 Cornsnake (Zeus), 1 Crested Gecko (Blaze), 1 Leopard Gecko (Iridessa), 3 Mice (Nibbles, Patches & Ditsy) & 1 Jackahuahua (Basil)
zoezakella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012   #25 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 23
Comments: 0
Rep: slowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

They look super healthy - good job with these guys! Their arms look especially robust (i.e., chubby)

slowfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012   #26 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Yeah, the male kind of looks like he is flexing to impress xD
The chubby arms are one of the diferences that have appeared between individuals. As far as i can tell from pictures, this is consistent with males/females.

Non Timetis Messor.
Old 3rd March 2012   #27 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 7
Rep: Molch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

awesome critters. I love the blue speckles and the impressive biceps on those guys. Have you been arm-wrestling them?

Old 3rd March 2012   #28 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Are you kidding? I really donīt need the humiliation...

Non Timetis Messor.
Old 5th April 2012   #29 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

One of the males was generous enough to allow my unworthy person to take a few close up pictures and i wanted to share one where the cream colored throat is nice and obvious. We donīt really get to see much of hynobiids, let alone anything in detail, so even though the picture is garbage, here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
H.dunni arrived today :D-p1080641.jpg  

Non Timetis Messor.
Old 5th April 2012   #30 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: froggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

nice! Hopefully he will start rubbng the females with it in due course!

froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012   #31 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Is it the spring of 2013 already, and if not, why? WHYYYYYYYY?????

Non Timetis Messor.

LinkBack