The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

SOS from Hynobius chinensis

This is a discussion on SOS from Hynobius chinensis within the Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; In February my friend and i took half egg sacs of Hynobius chinensis back home from outside. 67 eggs in ...

Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) This group of Far Eastern salamanders are becoming increasingly popular in captivity, and thanks to the captive breeding efforts of one European hobbyist in particular (you know who I mean), they are becoming easier and easier to acquire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: zhanggeer has shown reliable knowledge
Default SOS from Hynobius chinensis

In February my friend and i took half egg sacs of Hynobius chinensis back home from outside.
67 eggs in total, i took 47,my friend took 20.
There are some friends have ever tried to feed Hynobius chinensis,but they were all failed in the same reason, that was the newts didn't eat anything when they finished metamorphosis.These newts starved to death one by one in two weeks.
I'm confident to challenge this highly difficult speciese this year.
After more than two monthes,the newts start to morphs and run on the land.
However tragedy happens again,the newts(have finished metamorphosis)don't eat anything.
I tried blood worms、fragmentary earth worms、Vestigial fruit fly,but they still don't eat.
Does any friend know the reason,and how to make them eat.
One week has gone,i've considered to give them back to field .

picture 1.sack 3.hatch 5.two mothes 8.die for anoxia 9.metamorphosis 10.slope provided 11.background 12.background (Biochemical cotton,moss,water,blood worm,fruit fly)
Attached Thumbnails
SOS from Hynobius chinensis-1.jpg   SOS from Hynobius chinensis-3.jpg   SOS from Hynobius chinensis-5.png   SOS from Hynobius chinensis-8.png   SOS from Hynobius chinensis-9.jpg  

SOS from Hynobius chinensis-10.jpg   SOS from Hynobius chinensis-11.jpg   SOS from Hynobius chinensis-12.jpg  

zhanggeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: HWALL has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: SOS from Hynobius chinensis

We reared most of our (pond) type Hynobidae with a combination of musketo laravae and a lot , (big lot) of daphnia, which they really like alot and ate while swimming through the cloud of food ;-).

HWALL is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack