The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Are there any keepers of Batrachuperus species?

This is a discussion on Are there any keepers of Batrachuperus species? within the Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hello, Holds someone a Batrachuperus secies? Yes I have seen this Thread already: http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1173-a...tibetanus.html...

Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) This group of Far Eastern salamanders are becoming increasingly popular in captivity, and thanks to the captive breeding efforts of one European hobbyist in particular (you know who I mean), they are becoming easier and easier to acquire.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By markusA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: salamanderfreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any keepers of Batrachuperus species?

Hello,

Holds someone a Batrachuperus secies?
Yes I have seen this Thread already:Batrachuperus Tibetanus

salamanderfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: markusA has given consistently excellent advice and informationmarkusA has given consistently excellent advice and informationmarkusA has given consistently excellent advice and informationmarkusA has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Are there any keepers of Batrachuperus species?

as nobody is answering, I will give some information about my keeping attempt:

some years ago I got B. tibetanus and B. pinchoni, 2,2 each.
They were kept separated by species in aquaria and in a Ikea box in basement, temp range 2-20C, usually around 12C. artificial light in winter 8h, in summer 10h.
water depth 15cm, a lot of stones and a pump for medium strong current. The pair in the Ikea box did well with some hiding places formed by parts of plant pots, had no pump or filter and water change I did every 4 days.
They ate on earth worms, small live crustaceans (Gammarus and Asellus aquaticus).

I had a loss due to a parasitic worm from the Neocapillaridae group (Exomed Berlin found it out during dissection) and I treated of the others with Levamisol. no further problems.
The animals were aggressive during feeding only.

When I moved I gave them away, but kept them for more than a year.

markusA is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack