The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis)

This is a discussion on Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis) within the Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hi everyone, I haven't uploaded hardly any photos lately of my animals! So I am remedying it now :) I ...

Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) This group of Far Eastern salamanders are becoming increasingly popular in captivity, and thanks to the captive breeding efforts of one European hobbyist in particular (you know who I mean), they are becoming easier and easier to acquire.

Like Tree25Likes
  • 15 Post By TylototritonGuy
  • 3 Post By stanleyc
  • 4 Post By aramcheck
  • 2 Post By TylototritonGuy
  • 1 Post By ozarkhellbender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Talking Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis)

Hi everyone,

I haven't uploaded hardly any photos lately of my animals! So I am remedying it now :)

I picked up a number of individuals on Sunday for a great chap, including a species I have been wanting for a long time - Hynobius tokyoensis.

I have 1.2.0 individuals, here are some photos for you :)
Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you for looking, I am planning to breed these in the future so if anyone could help out with this particular species with their own data that would be awesome! :)

"Madagascar is an unrepeatable experiment, a set of animals and plants evolving in isolation for over 60 million years. We're still trying to unravel its mysteries. How tragic it would be if we lost it before we even understood it." David Attenborough
TylototritonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: stanleyc has given good advice and informationstanleyc has given good advice and information
Default Re: Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis)

Beautiful, do not see these often.

stanleyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: aramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

They look great, always wanted to have some of those guys, do you have any pics of the full setup?

aramcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: TylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Talking Re: Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyc View Post
Yeah definitely don't which is a total shame! :/ Starting to think that nowadays I might be one of the few people with them :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramcheck View Post
They look great, always wanted to have some of those guys, do you have any pics of the full setup?
Thank you they are amazing I must admit, so happy I have them :) And sure, I have their QT and ISO set up currently but it's merely a temporary set up as I am building their permanent enclosure which will be 80/20 (Water/Land) set up but currently they are in a fully aquatic enclosure :)

Shall upload photos for you.

"Madagascar is an unrepeatable experiment, a set of animals and plants evolving in isolation for over 60 million years. We're still trying to unravel its mysteries. How tragic it would be if we lost it before we even understood it." David Attenborough
TylototritonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: ozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylototritonGuy View Post
Yeah definitely don't which is a total shame! :/ Starting to think that nowadays I might be one of the few people with them :/
Agreed! I'd love to have ANY Hynobiid. Maybe someday...

Congratulations on the new acquisitions, by the way!

Old 5th September 2013   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: vince59 is an unknown quantity at this point

they are very beautiful. I can not stand this kind but I thought this case was under water!

vince59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tindomul1of9 has shown reliable knowledge

Wow, have never seen these before. Gorgeous animals!

tindomul1of9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
h.tokyoensis, hynobius, tokyo salamander, tokyoensis

LinkBack