The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis) Information

This is a discussion on Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis) Information within the Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hi all, I'm just posting to see if there are any other H.tokyoensis keepers out there to share information with? ...

Hynobiid Salamanders (Hynobiidae) This group of Far Eastern salamanders are becoming increasingly popular in captivity, and thanks to the captive breeding efforts of one European hobbyist in particular (you know who I mean), they are becoming easier and easier to acquire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTylototritonGuy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis) Information

Hi all,

I'm just posting to see if there are any other H.tokyoensis keepers out there to share information with?

Anyway, would be great to talk to some keepers that currently or have kept this species before so comment away or give me a PM :)

Look forward to hearing from you,

TG

"Madagascar is an unrepeatable experiment, a set of animals and plants evolving in isolation for over 60 million years. We're still trying to unravel its mysteries. How tragic it would be if we lost it before we even understood it." David Attenborough
TylototritonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: geron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis) Information

Seeing this post made me look these guys up, so I don't keep or know much about them. The way they keep their eggs looks very cool though.

Off topic: I saw some pictures posted by "MantellaMan" on reptile forums, would that happen to be you?

Old 7th June 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: pocoleo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis) Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylototritonGuy View Post
Hi all,

I'm just posting to see if there are any other H.tokyoensis keepers out there to share information with?

Anyway, would be great to talk to some keepers that currently or have kept this species before so comment away or give me a PM :)

Look forward to hearing from you,

TG
I have a pair (I hope) of Hynobius tokyoensis that I hope are nearly old enough to breed. I have had them 4 or 5 years and they have grown quite a bit since I got them although they are still quite small. I need information on conditions needed to encourage breeding.

pocoleo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, hynobius, hynobius tokyoensis, information

LinkBack