The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New siren!

This is a discussion on New siren! within the Large Aquatic Salamanders (Hellbenders/Cryptobranchids, Necturus, Siren, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; So my lps has had some sirens in for a while, some uber-expensive southern dwarves, and a few lesser sirens. ...

Large Aquatic Salamanders (Hellbenders/Cryptobranchids, Necturus, Siren, etc.) This topic covers Cryptobranchids like the hellbender and Asian giant salamanders, as well as sirens, mud puppies, and amphiumas.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By skelly98
  • 1 Post By jAfFa CaKe
  • 2 Post By Chinadog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: skelly98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New siren!

So my lps has had some sirens in for a while, some uber-expensive southern dwarves, and a few lesser sirens. Had the tank set up for a while now, and yesterday i got one of the lessers. Right now he/she is in a ten gallon tank, as he/she is still a baby, however i'm not going to keep her in there permanently, just until she grows a little. I have a piece of wood in the tank to serve as a hidey spot, but she hasn't used it since i gave her some bloodworms. She's currently swimming around in the tank right now. Such a cool animal. I've read the caudata care sheet, along with some other resources around the web, and i understand the need to dig, but before any substrate is given i would like to see him/her poop a few times.

Now for what you all came for.. pictures! (excuse the crummy quality, the camera on my phone isn't the best....)
Attached Thumbnails
New siren!-img_20140424_071510.jpg   New siren!-img_20140424_071504.jpg   New siren!-img_20140424_071540.jpg  

skelly98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Sassafras is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New siren!

So cute! I'll be looking forward to see more pictures as she/he grows!

Sassafras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

I admire your restraint, when I come across things like that I have to buy a whole bunch!
By the way, what's the collective noun for sirens? :p :p

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014   #4 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: jAfFa CaKe has given good advice and informationjAfFa CaKe has given good advice and information

A Colony of Sirens? Maybe?

jAfFa CaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Maybe a tangle? :)

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Jack1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are so cool . I wish we could have these in Australia

Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack