The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Necturus maculosus in VA for photography?

This is a discussion on Necturus maculosus in VA for photography? within the Large Aquatic Salamanders (Hellbenders/Cryptobranchids, Necturus, Siren, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hey there salamanderers. I'm a student at the University of Nottingham, doing an MSc in Biological Photography and Imaging. I'm ...

Large Aquatic Salamanders (Hellbenders/Cryptobranchids, Necturus, Siren, etc.) This topic covers Cryptobranchids like the hellbender and Asian giant salamanders, as well as sirens, mud puppies, and amphiumas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: CainImaging is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Necturus maculosus in VA for photography?

Hey there salamanderers.

I'm a student at the University of Nottingham, doing an MSc in Biological Photography and Imaging. I'm trying to photograph the salamanders of the Appalachian region of Virginia and North Carolina (some Georgia is in there too but that's not important here). I have representatives from Plethodontidae, Cryptobranchidae, Ambystomatidae, and Salimandridae. I am, unfortunately, lacking a representative from the Proteidae family. This would really round out my book and solidify, pictorially, the biodiversity of my region.

I just really need to find a mudpuppy to photograph. It doesn't matter if it's in captivity as long as we're dealing with Necturus maculosus.

Does anyone have one? Can we meet up? It needs to happen as soon as humanly possible because my final project is due on the 1st of August and so I'd like to have this photograph by mid July.

Please get back to me.

Lots of love for you salamander enthusiasts.

CainImaging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Markgilst has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Necturus maculosus in VA for photography?

Is it alright if you use previously taken photographs? I have a lot of very good ones.

Markgilst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assistance, mud, mudpuppy, necturus maculosus, north carolina, photography, puppy, salamander photography, student, virginia

LinkBack