The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Ambystoma opacum

This is a discussion on Ambystoma opacum within the Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I've had this little bugger for about 3 months now, and seems to be doing just fine. Eats very well ...

Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) These large-mouthed, burrowing salamanders are indigenous to Central and North America.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Limede

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Limede has shown reliable knowledge
Default Ambystoma opacum

I've had this little bugger for about 3 months now, and seems to be doing just fine. Eats very well anything I try to feed it with, be it worms (E. foetida), mealworms or isopods.

I don't really have a lot to say about it, just wanted to share some pictures and maybe get confirmation of what sex it might be (I have my own guess, but I think it's better not to bias your opinion on it)

The first two pictures are from when it was still a new comer.

Click the image to open in full size.

I've only added these leaves today, for anyone who's wondering, these are magnolia tree leaves.

I wanted to take a picture of it without any dirt on, but as soon as I placed it on the water, it zapped right away into the leaves, so I didn't had a chance to take that shot.

I was also wondering if I could get one or two more specimens to this tub (50x35x15cm)

Cheers

Limede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: igor has started on the right path
Default Re: Ambystoma opacum

What a beautiful little girl! Her home looks great. :)

igor is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack