The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles

This is a discussion on Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles within the Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Here are a few (bad) shots of my new Ambystoma mabeei juveniles. I got 4 in all. Once they are ...

Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) These large-mouthed, burrowing salamanders are indigenous to Central and North America.

Like Tree19Likes
  • 5 Post By sde
  • 1 Post By sde
  • 4 Post By sde
  • 1 Post By schmiggle
  • 1 Post By sde
  • 1 Post By Sith the turtle
  • 1 Post By sde
  • 3 Post By sde
  • 1 Post By sde
  • 1 Post By josh1990

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2015   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles

Here are a few (bad) shots of my new Ambystoma mabeei juveniles. I got 4 in all. Once they are adults i will try to breed them, of course.
I am keeping them in tubs for the winter, but in spring i will move them into a outdoor vivarium.
Attached Thumbnails
Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-ambystoma-mabeei-talpoideum-005.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-ambystoma-mabeei-talpoideum-019.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-ambystoma-mabeei-talpoideum-026.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-ambystoma-mabeei-talpoideum-011.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-ambystoma-mabeei-talpoideum-027.jpg  

Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-okkkkkkkk.jpg  

Old 6th November 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Daimler has shown reliable knowledge
Thumbs up Re: Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles

Good job seth!
Bad shots? Nein! they looks perfect!

Old 7th November 2015   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 119
Comments: 76
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles

Nice new additions dude!

Old 7th November 2015   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: manderkeeper has started on the right path

Wish you good luck, nice salamanders.

manderkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015   #5 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimler View Post
Good job seth!
Bad shots? Nein! they looks perfect!
They are a bit grainy. I will get better ones soon. Thanks for the compliments :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith the turtle View Post
Nice new additions dude!
Thanks Xavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderkeeper View Post
Wish you good luck, nice salamanders.
Thanks man!

Old 10th November 2015   #6 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

Some better pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-mabeeeeeeeeeeeeee-006.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-mabeeeeeeeeeeeeee-011.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-mabeeeeeeeeeeeeee-012.jpg  

Old 10th November 2015   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: schmiggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Those are so cute! Good luck with them. :)

schmiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2015   #8 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

Thanks

Old 4th December 2015   #9 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 119
Comments: 76
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Any updates on them?

Old 5th December 2015   #10 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith the turtle View Post
Any updates on them?
There isn't really anything to update. They have grown a bit maybe, but nothing has really changed.

Old 13th April 2016   #11 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

Update.

Unfortunately i lost one of them, it drown in around 2 inches of water with plants and a sloping shoreline, not sure what went wrong.
The other 3 are doing great. I believe i have 1 male and 2 females, though i am not positive. Here are some nicer pictures as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-whiteout-008.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-trynna-039.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-trynna-058.jpg   Ambystoma mabeei Juveniles-trynna-063.jpg  

Old 13th April 2016   #12 (permalink)
Ambystoma Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 140
Rep: Tiger mom Tammy has shown reliable knowledge

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss seth. Glad to see the other three are looking great. Thanks for the update, and awesome job!

Tiger mom Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016   #13 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger mom Tammy View Post
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss seth. Glad to see the other three are looking great. Thanks for the update, and awesome job!
Thank you!

Also, i forgot to mention that these actually turned out to be Ambystoma talpoideum, not A. mabeei! But i don't mind as A. talpoideum was the next Ambstyoma species i wanted anyways.

Old 13th April 2016   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: josh1990 has shown reliable knowledgejosh1990 has shown reliable knowledge

They look like they are doing very well! Sorry to hear of your loss, they can be hard to work with sometimes at that stage. The ones you have left look very much like A.talpoideum rather than A.mabeei. Their range and habitat overlap quite a bit so i think you may have had a mix of the two species and they are very hard to i.d. that young.Generally mabeei have much more blue pigmentation in the small specks and blotches while talpoideum have a more speckled pattern.I hope all goes well and you get to enjoy them for many years to come.
Josh

josh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack